Nintendo has released a minor software update for Splatoon 2, that sees the ink-based shooter now sat on version 2.1.1.
This has addressed an issue that had been identified in the new Clam Blitz mode, another that saw shots from the Inkjet special unable to affect enemy Inklings if they were stood on specific stage features, and a further issue when executing a super jump on Port Mackerel.
Then, it has resolved another issue where a poor network connection could lead to the Highest League Power not being updates, as well as weapon test targets not taking damage from an Ink Storm. (Basically, the update has addressed lots of bugs).
Changes Made In Splatoon 2 Update Version 2.1.1
Changes to Multiplayer
- Fixed an issue in Clam Blitz mode where overtime would mistakenly end too soon when the barrier timer expired.
- This occurred when the losing team activated the barrier timer and then took the lead, and the barrier remained open until the match timer reached zero.
- Fixed an issue where hitting an opponent standing on particular stage features with direct hits from the Inkjet special occasionally caused the shots to not explode or deliver damage to the opponent.
- We have fixed an issue getting into landforms when executing super jump from specific location to specific location in Port Mackerel.
Changes to League Battle
- Fixed an issue where immediately after a team’s Highest League Power was updated, if results could not be uploaded due to a poor network connection or other reasons, that Highest League Power was not reflected in the online ranking list until Highest League Power was updated again.
- Fixed an issue preventing weapon test targets in certain locations from taking damage from an Ink Storm.