Splatoon 2 Update 4.9.0 Now Available
Nintendo has released a new software update for Splatoon 2, which sees the ink-based shooter now on version 4.9.0.
This extensive update has continued to rebalance main, sub, and special weapons, as well as the points required to use specials.
There are also multiple bug fixes related to Brella weapons, Rainmaker mode, Clam Blitz mode, and more – which we have listed out below.
Splatoon 2 is now available exclusively for Nintendo Switch worldwide.
Splatoon 2 Update Version 4.9.0 Patch Note Highlights
Changes to Multiplayer
- Fixed an issue causing the umbrella portions of Brella weapons to launch in unintended directions when launched after first touching an opponent’s Splash Wall.
- Fixed an issue in Rainmaker mode causing the counter to advance further than intended when landing from a super jump and picking up the Rainmaker at the same time.
- Fixed an issue occurring in certain stages in Clam Blitz mode, where certain platforms near the goal baskets used for tossing the Power Clam were not properly inked by a Splashdown used near them.
- Fixed an issue in Port Mackerel causing a player to fall off the stage and get splatted when pushed into a specific outer wall in the stage as the result of an opponent’s attack.
- Fixed an issue occurring in Kelp Dome during certain modes, allowing players to cross over certain barriers to gain access to the area around the opponent’s Spawn Point.
- Fixed an issue occurring in Blackbelly Skatepark during certain modes, allowing players to cross over certain barriers to gain access to the area around the opponent’s Spawn Point.
- Fixed an issue occurring when using an Inkjet at a specific time near the rotating central platform in Wahoo World. This issue caused players returning to their starting position after the Inkjet’s effect ended to enter into the stage terrain.
Changes to Salmon Run
- Fixed an issue causing a player sinking in the water with a Scrapper nearby to appear in an unnatural position.
- Fixed an issue causing a player trapped in a corner and surrounded by Salmonids to rarely become trapped inside stage terrain when using a super jump in the above circumstances.
- Fixed an issue occurring in Ruins of Ark Polaris making ride rails difficult to ride when approaching the rail’s starting point from certain angles while in squid form.