Splatoon 2 Update 4.8.0 Now Available
Nintendo has released a new software update for Splatoon 2, which sees the ink-based shooter now on version 4.8.0.
This extensive update has continued to rebalance main, sub, and special weapons, as well as the points required to use specials.
There are also multiple bug fixes related to the aiming reticle, Splatling weapon, network latency, Splash Wall, and more – which we have listed out below.
Splatoon 2 is now available exclusively for Nintendo Switch worldwide.
Splatoon 2 Update Version 4.8.0 Patch Note Highlights
Changes to Multiplayer
- Fixed an issue causing the aiming reticle to indicate shots fired at an opponent’s Splash Wall before it had fully deployed were being blocked, even though they actually weren’t.
- Fixed an issue occurring while charging a Splatling weapon with almost no ink remaining, causing the “Low ink!” warning to not display briefly, and for the weapon to charge at normal speeds.
- Fixed an issue occurring even with low amounts of network latency, where the “shot firing” animation near the muzzle of certain brellas would occur after the shot had been fired, or indicate the shot being fired in a mistaken direction.
- Fixed an issue occurring when placing a Splash Wall on an uneven or pitted surface, causing the wall to additionally ink turf in a different direction than the one it had been placed.
- Fixed an issue in Clam Blitz mode, where tossing a Sprinkler at the basket at just the right timing would cause it to stick to the barrier.
- Fixed an issue occurring during Rainmaker matches in Gobi Arena, where moving the crates near the center of the stage just slightly would allow two players to collide with one another in mid air, sending one of them into the turf around the enemy Spawn Point.
- Fixed an issue occurring on Ruins of Ark Polaris allowing Steel Eel enemies to descend from heights they should not be able to.
- Fixed an issue occurring when rolling into the targets on the test firing range with a Baller, where the target failed to react when hit, despite taking damage.