Nintendo of Europe has announced that the Splatoon 2 European Championship 2018 – 2019 Grand Final will take place on Saturday 9th – Sunday 10th March 2019 in Paris, France.
It was Splatoon 2 producer Hisashi Nogami that had shared the news at the Splatoon 2 UK Championship, which was held at the MCM Comic Con in Birmingham this weekend.
Team Mako became the eventual winners after defeating Team 4D 3-1 in the final to secure the championship. That victory has secured the team the chance to compete in the Splatoon 2 European Championship, where 12 teams will ink it out to be crowned as Splatoon 2 European champions.
The qualifying teams from Italy, Russia, and the Nordic regions will be determined in the coming months, but those that have already won their place are:
- Austria: Team ? (Winner of Game City)
- Belgium: Overtime (Winner of Gameforce)
- France: Alliance Rogue (Winner of Paris Games Week)
- Germany: BackSquids (Winner of the German national Splatoon 2 tournament at Gamescom 2018)
- Netherlands: Polderlantis (Winner of First Look)
- Portugal: Hexagone (Winner of Lisbon Games Week)
- Spain: Polarized (Winner of Madrid Games Week)
- Switzerland: Huitante (Winner of Zurich Game Show)
Splatoon 2 is now available exclusively for Nintendo Switch worldwide.