Nintendo has announced that Splatoon’s next software update will be released on October 21st, seeing the Wii U exclusive’s software version bumped to 2.2.0.
This somewhat closely follows last month’s software version 2.1.0, tweaking with weapons, stages, modes and general bug fixes, as Nintendo work toward perfecting their inky team-based shooter.
The company has provided a more comprehensive breakdown for those interested, with a general overview drilled down below:
- Adjustments to main weapons, sub weapons and special weapons
Ranked Battle adjustments
- Adjustments to the rules in Rainmaker and Tower Control modes
- Players with S rank will be matched up with other S rank players more frequently, and rank S+ users will be matched up with other rank S+ users more frequently
- Adjustments to the calculation method for ranks S and S+ to accommodate this change
- Walleye Warehouse: Adjustments to prevent users from taking certain shortcuts in Rainmaker mode
- Saltspray Rig: Adjustments to prevent users from placing Splash Walls in certain places
- Arowana Mall: Adjustments to prevent users from taking certain shortcuts in all modes
- Kelp Dome: Small adjustments for Rainmaker mode
- Flounder Heights: Adjustments to stage layout in Rainmaker mode, plus other adjustments to prevent users from taking certain shortcuts in all modes and to prevent the attachment of Suction Bombs in certain places
- Hammerhead Bridge: Adjustments to prevent users from taking certain shortcuts in all modes
- Visual effects for tracking the position of teammates made less visible
- The launching sound effect for Inkzooka made more audible
- Fixes several battle issues
Bug fixes in Battle Dojo
- Fixes an issue where Splash Walls do not block opponents’ bombs and Blasters
Other bug fixes
- Fixes the issue where the damage stats for Splattershot Jr., Custom Splattershot Jr., N-ZAP ‘85, and N-ZAP ‘89 are displayed as higher than they actually are. This only changes the information displayed. The actual stats remain the same.
- Introduces several enhancements to improve the user’s experience and enjoyment