Kalypso Media and Realmforge Studios have confirmed a release date for Spacebase Startopia on Nintendo Switch.
In this construction management simulation, you are tasked with managing your own space station, maintaining three deck types, accommodating eight different alien races, and defending against enemy invaders.
That’s while you contend with the station’s sharp-witted and sarcastic narrator AI, VAL. When you aren’t constructing the best trade and tourist destination in the galaxy in the single-player campaign, you can team up or take on up to four friends in competitive and cooperative multiplayer modes.
The game’s features have been outlined by the publisher as below:
- The 10-mission, fully dubbed single-player campaign will require all your skills as Commander of the Spacebase Startopia as you strive to create one of the most attractive trade and tourism destinations in the known universe
- Each of the three decks will require your leadership skills — the Sub Deck containing all of the rooms vital to survival, while the Fun Deck focuses on your visitors, and the flora and fauna found on the Bio Deck provides sufficient resources for survival as well as a home for the graceful Dryads
- Prevail against your AI competitors, for you are not alone on the station. Sabotage your opponents’ economy or attack them with your mech units, conduct trade and beware of space pirates eager to board
- The dynamic narrator AI ‘VAL’ reacts to your decisions and is always at your side in both word and deed – alongside offering the occasional extremely unqualified comment
- Hone your skills as the Commander of Spacebase Startopia in the many challenges of the single-player campaign or play your way in the customisable sandbox mode
Spacebase Startopia will release on the Nintendo eShop for Nintendo Switch worldwide on 24th September 2021.