This part puzzle-platformer and part relaxing rhythm game that tells a story using visuals and music, diving into an ethereal world in which you must create and ride waves of sound and light to explore abstract landscapes.
Each area the players explore on their journey adds more variations to the core puzzle mechanic of creating and surfing waves made of sound and light.
“Although Onde is not designed as a mental health or meditation app, it is at its core a peaceful game that can help you take a deep breath and leave the hustle and bustle of everyday life behind,” the publisher explains. “The simple, yet clever gameplay mechanics with progressive difficulty make for an engaging experience where players don’t have to worry about high scores, speed records, or running out of extra lives. Resonating with the flow, trusting the journey and enjoying the audiovisual ride through a world filled with wonders are the central experiences of the game.”
The publisher has outlined the game’s key features as below:
- smooth, intuitive puzzle-platforming: create ephemeral paths along waves of sound and light to follow your calling;
- ethereal, adaptive soundscapes: conduct soothing sounds as you navigate through melodic environments;
- meditative experience: organic movement, fluid gameplay and relaxing sounds make for a Zen-like journey;
- a world filled with wonders: from the deepest ocean to the depths of space, explore manifold areas along your way, each sporting unique visuals and puzzle mechanics;
- elegant abstract artwork: a serene world that changes from clear lines to swirls of color during this journey of life.
Onde will release digitally on the Nintendo eShop for Nintendo Switch worldwide “later in 2022.”