2K has announced that legendary WWE Superstar and global icon Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson has executive produced the in-game soundtrack for WWE 2K18.
The soundtrack has 11 songs that are said to represent many of Johnson’s favourite artists and music genres, including hip-hop, classic rock, hard rock, blues, R&B and soul.
Apple Music will be “the premier streaming provider” for the soundtrack, which is now available to stream online.
“Music is one of my soul’s anchors. All genres,” Johnson explained. “I’m excited to celebrate my WWE roots by partnering with the 2K and Apple Music teams and share some of my favourite hardcore training songs with fans all over the world.”
The soundtrack will include the following artists and songs:
- Blues Brothers – “Soul Man”
- Boston – “Smokin’”
- Bruno Mars – “Runaway Baby”
- Disturbed – “Down With The Sickness”
- Eazy-E – “Boyz-N-The-Hood”
- George Thorogood & The Destroyers – “One Bourbon, One Scotch, One Beer”
- Joe Walsh – “Rocky Mountain Way”
- Kanye West – “Black Skinhead”
- Kid Rock – “You Never Met a White Boy Quite Like Me”
- ¡MAYDAY! (feat. Tech N9ne) – “Last One Standing”
- Tech N9ne (feat. Krizz Kaliko, Serj Tankian) – “Straight Out The Gate”
“Over the years we have collaborated with some of the world’s most popular artists, including Florida Georgia Line, Metallica, The Weeknd and Diddy to name a few, but partnering with one of our own is always special,” shared Neil Lawi, senior vice president and general manager at WWE Music Group.
“Working with Dwayne is always a creative and inspirational experience, and we are thrilled to partner with him on this year’s WWE 2K18 soundtrack, and bring his diverse selection to our fans around the world.”
WWE 2K18 will release for Nintendo Switch worldwide this fall.