Leonardo Interactive and Smallthing Studios have revealed that Simon The Sorcerer: Origins is coming to Nintendo Switch.
Licensed by Adventure Soft Publishing, this is an official prequel to the legendary point-and-click adventure that is set “a few weeks before” the original game.
Returning with a cartoon-like visual style, the developer has looked to implement “seamless real-time sequences, magic and puzzle-solving tied together with an engrossing storyline that will finally answer some important questions raised by fans from the first game.”
Leonardo Interactive founder Leonardo Caltagirone enthuses: “We are beyond excited to finally be able to announce Simon the Sorcerer – Origins and embark on the exciting development journey with Smallthing Studios. It has been a long time wish of ours to revive one of the gaming industry’s best-loved and iconic characters. Our goal will be to create a new world brought to life with beautiful modern visuals and all-new gameplay mechanics to tell the untold story of Simon’s origins.”
The publisher has outlined the game’s key features as below:
- The prequel to the legendary saga, set a few weeks before the first episode.
- Modern cartoon graphic style, painted, with hand-drawn animations; between the future and the past.
- Hours of play on an adventure through Simon’s (new) house, the legendary academy of magic, absurd forests, stinking swamps, rotten dungeons, alchemical laboratories …
- A classic point & click adventure with a modern twist. Nostalgic for fans, intriguing for new players.
- An ancient prophecy to be revealed, at least try! Puzzles, monsters, crap, comedy, bad smells, old contraptions.
- Dozens of easter eggs to discover!
- Languages: English, French, Italian, Spanish, German and more
- It is a video game for everyone! Nostalgic for lovers of the saga, exciting for new players. It is not necessary to have played the other titles.
Simon The Sorcerer: Origins will release digitally on the Nintendo eShop for Nintendo Switch worldwide in March 2023.