14 July 2520 AD. Light emitted from a stone-like object that was excavated from the stratum before Christ annihilated the human race, with only four crew members and a robonoid abroad the TETRA having survived in satellite orbit. After a year passes, their supplies are depleted and the space cruiser is forced to re-enter the atmosphere to start the fight for humanity’s survival.
In this strategic shoot ’em up, enemies will attack you from all directions – up, down, left and right – with 23 bosses awaiting you across six “highly challenging” stages. Continuously defeating the same enemy will build your chain score, with a secret bonus generated by defeating enemies in a specific order along with a hidden score item. You will need to build an original strategic pattern and accurately defeat the target enemy to succeed.
The publisher has outlined the game’s key features as below:
- Score system specialised in the origin of shoot ’em ups.
- Tons of weapons that level up by killing enemies.
- Five levels of difficulty settings that even beginners can fully enjoy.
- Story mode with a strong message.
- Beautiful 3D graphics.
- Sounds created by Mr. Hitoshi Sakimoto, who is highly acclaimed both in Japan and overseas, to colour the world of the game.
- Game mode that can be enjoyed with the rules of Ikaruga, the second project RS work.
- Online leaderboards to compete with rivals around the world.
Radiant Silvergun is now available digitally on the Nintendo eShop for Nintendo Switch worldwide.