Asymmetric has announced that its slapstick-figure comedy adventure RPG Shadows Over Loathing is now available on Nintendo Switch.
In this follow-up to the award-winning West of Loathing, after your Uncle Murray asks you to help him at his antique shop in Ocean City you arrive to discover he is nowhere to be found.
Your investigation into discovering the reason behind his disappearance and the artifacts that he has been collecting takes a turn for the worse when you uncover shadowy plots that threaten to bring an end to the world.
Set in the prohibition era of the Loathing universe, you will have the chance to explore “a sprawling open world chock full of danger, quests, puzzles, and stick figures.”
The developer has outlined the game’s key features, which include:
- Thousands and thousands of jokes, gags, and goofs
- A bunch more locations, items, friends, foes, and familiars than West of Loathing
- The same quality line art you’ve come to expect, but way more of it
- Superior stick-figure customization
- Strategic turn-based combat (but only if you want it)
- A corrupt government for you to overthrow at your leisure
- Authentically baffling 1920s slang
- Multiple cursed antiques
- Inappropriate fishing
- Non-Euclidean horrors from beyond the edges of the screen
- A time-travel side-quest given to you by your future-self
- An infinitely tall building
- Sentient math, talking frogs, and pettable cats
- No booze, as far as the feds know
Shadows Over Loathing is now available digitally on the Nintendo eShop for Nintendo Switch worldwide, with Serenity Forge producing a physical edition that will come to retail in Q1 2024.