SEGA of America has revealed the first wave of licensed merchandise products that will be released to celebrate Sonic the Hedgehog’s 30th anniversary.
These plans include Sonic-inspired toys, collectibles, apparel and more to help you to show your love for the blue blur, with these items to release in retailers as early as Decemer.
“Over the past 30 years spanning multiple generations, Sonic fans have created memories with their speedy Blue Blur,” explains SEGA of America senior vice president and Sonic the Hedgehog chief brand officer Ivo Gerscovich.
“In order to commemorate the most iconic elements of the Sonic universe, we have partnered with some of the top licensees in the industry to produce collectible Sonic the Hedgehog merchandise that our enthusiastic and loyal fans can cherish for years to come.”
The first Sonic-inspired products to have been revealed are:
- Sonic Encyclo-speed-ia: Dark Horse Comics LLC is celebrating SEGA with a full-color, hardcover historical retrospective encyclopedia that explores nearly every video game and provides deep insights into the Sonic the Hedgehog franchise.
- POP! Vinyl Figures: Funko LLC and SEGA have partnered up to bring fans a new collection of Pop! Vinyl Figures, with iconic characters including Classic Sonic, Tails, Silver, and more!
- Continued Toys and Collectibles: Jakks Pacific, Inc. is continuing to deliver speed, heroism and irreverent Sonic fun to fans of all ages with a collection of action figures and plush toys.
- Jewellery Collection: King Ice has created an official jewellery collection, brought together with 3D design and hand-set stones and quality craftsmanship, bringing Sonic to life in jewellery form with a Hip-Hop influence.
- Apparel and Accessories: Graph Gaming is launching an all new collection in the Spring of 2021, featuring exclusive apparel and accessories dedicated to everyone’s favorite blue blur.
- Classic Sonic Comic Book Miniseries: For Sonic’s 30th IDW Publishing will be releasing their first Classic Sonic adventure in a spectacular special! In addition, they will launch a new mini-series and continue publishing the wildly successful ongoing series in both the English and Spanish language.
- Collectible Enamel Pins: FiGPiN Inc. has joined forces with SEGA to bring fans a unique collectibles experience with their Sonic the Hedgehog line of FiGPiNs, featuring all your favorite characters beginning this Winter.
- Sonic Energy Drinks: G FUEL: The Official Energy Drink of esports has recently partnered with Sonic The Hedgehog to bring the character’s iconic Peach Rings to life by way of an energizing, high-performance, sugar-free peach-infused Energy Drink. G FUEL and SONIC’S “PEACH RINGS” flavor is set to re-launch in an exclusive 30th anniversary collector’s box in 2021.