This episode breaks down more topics about the upcoming game, which include:
- Sonic’s Background – After Sonic learns that Dr. Eggman was headed to South Island with a plan to find the mystical Chaos Emeralds, he set out to stop the villain and save the animals that have been turned into Badniks.
- Gameplay Tips & Tricks
- Rings – In-game players will come across rings (not to be confused with coins). If Sonic is holding at least one ring, players can take a hit from enemies or other dangerous obstacles. Once hit, rings will spill out and players will have the ability to retrieve them.
- Lamppost – Lampposts save players’ progression, so be sure to spin them when spotted in-game.
- Monitors – In-game, break monitors to gain rings, lives and a powerful shield that will protect Sonic from one hit.
- Insta-Death – Even if players have rings or a shield, being crushed will result in an insta-death so be careful to always watch your step.
- New Features – In Sonic Origins, players now can dash through the game as Tails and Knuckles. In-game Tails can fly whereas Knuckles can glide and climb. These heroes have the opportunity to use the Spin Dash ability in Classic Mode, while in Anniversary Mode, players will be able to find coins – the new currency in Sonic Origins. Players can also utilize Sonic’s new “Drop Dash” ability, first introduced in Sonic Mania.
- Special Stages & Chaos Emeralds – There are six Chaos Emeralds to collect in Sonic Origins as opposed to the usual seven found in other Sonic titles. While playing, in order to enter a Special Stage, players must reach the goal with 50 rings or more and jump into the giant ring that appears on-screen to play through the non-stop revolving maze.
This “all-new multi-game collection” reintroduces the four fan-favourite 2D Sonic games that were released for the SEGA Mega Drive (or SEGA Genesis) – Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic the Hedgehog 2, Sonic 3 & Knuckles and Sonic CD.
Promising to bring “the best of the original Sonic titles to the modern day,” you will have the chance to join Sonic, Tails and Knuckles to race at lightning speeds across iconic levels such as the Green Hill Zone and Chemical Plant Zone.
You can swap between the Classic or Anniversary Modes, before spinning through loop-de-loops and collecting rings on your mission to save the world from the mischievous Dr Eggman. With Sonic Origins, Sonic fans new and returning can celebrate the classic Sonic games that built the legendary franchise into what it is today. With new remastered visuals, characters, game modes, game zones and more,
Sonic Origins will release digitally on the Nintendo eShop for Nintendo Switch worldwide on 23rd June 2022.