That has arrived largely in part to welcome a raft of new downloadable content, which is headlined by Satura’s Space Adventure. But, alonside that, there have been tweaks across the Wii U exclusive’s online component to address bugs and crashes, as well as player character animations, the gallery and overall GUI.
Runbow 1.2 Update Notes
- Added Satura’s Space Adventure DLC to the eShop with new multiplayer and single-player levels, costumes, music, gallery art and records.
- Added four smaller DLC packs to the eShop with new costumes and music: Winter Pack, Professional Pack, Anime Pack, and Steampunk Pack.
- Added two bundle DLCs to the eShop: the New Costumes and Music bundle with the four small packs, and the Extra Val-Hue bundle with those plus Satura’s Space Adventure.
- Added Lilac from Freedom Planet as a free downloadable guest character from the eShop.
- Added a new button to the main menu with direct access to Runbow’s eShop page. The button also shows the latest announcements.
- Made the 13 new multiplayer Space levels available for free for all three Online modes, even if the DLC hasn’t been purchased.
- Fixed a known synchronization issue that would cause players to get dropped between rounds.
- Fixed a bug where too many players connecting to an online game at the exact same time causing a freeze; as well as some other minor bugs related to players joining or disconnecting from Online games.
- Fixed a crash occuring when a player is super-punched at the exact time of re-spawning in Online King of the Hill.
- Adjusted timing on several player animations to reduce jitter.
- Added jump animation to player when bouncing off springpads and enemies.
- Fixed issue where player could get stuck when groundpounding on breakable blocks.
- Fixed some minor issues with player texture masks.
- Added new Art, Characters, Records and Music that are unlockable with the DLC content.
- This content is not necessary to achieve the “Curator” and “Talent Scout” Records.
- Due to a known issue, getting Lilac counts for the “Talent Scout” Record, meaning that downloading Lilac allows to get that Record by unlocking every other Guest character but one.
- Fixed a bug that allowed to see locked Gallery content by pressing ‘+’.
- Fixed Records related to the number of multiplayer games played so that Bowhemoth games don’t count anymore.
Menus and GUI
- Fixed a series of bugs with the out-of-screen indicator, such as it always showing a whole character instead of just the head for one frame; briefly showing a white face at the beginning; always showing a white face on Colourmaster mode; or flickering when appearing during a place swap power-up.
- Fixed issue where winning player would not take control of adventure map after a challenge.
- Fixed some minor bugs that happened when pressing several buttons at the same time in some menus.
- Fixed an inconsistency in the Character Selection screen that made switching between Hue or Val to our Guest characters sometimes not remember what colour and costume had previously been selected for Hue and Val (this function is still only available in Offline games).
- Fixed a layering issue with the “Host” sign when pressing B in the Game Settings screen in Private Online games as a Host.
- Modified the Japanese fonts to include more characters, which allows some better translations and to show those characters in the Online Character Select screen if the main Mii’s name contains them.
- Updated the game credits.