Rules and locations detailed for Nintendo World Championships qualifiers
After announcing the Nintendo World Championships 2015 last week, Nintendo have today detailed the eight Best Buy locations that are to host qualifying events on Saturday 30th May.
The qualifiers will be open to United States residents aged 13 and over, and will look to secure a chance to compete at the Nintendo World Championships 2015 to be held in Los Angeles on Sunday 14th June.
To claim victory you will take on the Championship mode in Ultimate NES Remix on Nintendo 3DS, playing through three score-based challenges in Super Mario Bros., Super Mario Bros. 3 and Dr. Mario. The top scorer from each of the eight regional qualifiers will claim their place at the final event in Los Angeles, where a multi-round competition “with a variety of Nintendo games” will be held.
Nintendo have also selected eight competitors to compete in the Nintendo World Championships 2015, which will be revealed in the near future.
The qualifying events will take place from 10am – 7pm local time at these eight Best Buy stores:
* 1717 Harrison St., San Francisco, CA
* 3675 Pacific Coast Highway, Torrance, CA
* 10760 NW 17th St., Miami, FL
* 900 E. Golf Road, Schaumburg, IL
* 12905 Elm Creek Blvd. N, Maple Grove, MN
* 5001 Northern Blvd., Long Island City, NY
* 9378 N. Central Expressway, Dallas, TX
* 2214 S. 48th St., Tacoma, WA