Psyonix has released a new software update for Rocket League on Nintendo Switch, adding the Victory Crate and making changes to reflect the competitive seasons.
Alongside that, an issue with Party invites when the console language is set to Japanese has been addressed, as well as fixing bugs relating to the ‘Maximon’ Decal for X-Devil and when leaving a Competitive Match early.
Patch Notes For Rocket League Update Version 1.0.3
- ‘Victory Crate’ has been added
CHANGES AND UPDATES
Competitive Season 6
- Competitive Season 6 has ended. Titles and items will be awarded for your highest rank achieved during the season. Season 6 Rewards are custom, non-tradeable Wheels.
- Receiving the Season 6 Reward Wheels is contingent upon successful completion of Season Reward Levels.
- Reward Wheels:
- ‘Season 6 – Bronze’
- ‘Season 6 – Silver’
- ‘Season 6 – Gold’
- ‘Season 6 – Platinum’
- ‘Season 6 – Diamond’
- ‘Season 6 – Champion’
- Season 6 Grand Champions will also receive the ‘Season 6 Grand Champion’ Title
- We will update the appearance of the ‘Season 6 – Diamond’ Wheels in a future hotfix or update.
Competitive Season 7
- Competitive Season 7 has begun
- Season 7 brings a “soft reset” that requires you to do placement matches in each playlist to recalibrate.
- Winning half of your placement matches will land you near your previous season ranking.
- League Rankings will be temporarily empty until players complete their placement matches.
- [Nintendo Switch] Fixed an issue with Party invites when the console language is set to Japanese.
- This fix may apply to any non-English standard characters outside of the Japanese language selection.
- Players will no longer receive an error message when trying to trade up the ‘Maximon’ Decal for X-Devil.
- After leaving a Competitive Match early, Competitive Matchmaking ban messages now display time correctly in hours and minutes in languages other than English.