The God Kuk has started to possess all the guitar gods and, through them, the metalheads. Hosting infinite concerts, his legion of metalhead zombies have been able to wipe out every metal band’s original creation and their dedicated fans.
Stripped from the passion, only you can grind through the challenge to battle the evil hordes that want nothing more to destroy you at every turn. With procedurally generated levels, each playthrough promises to be different as you grab your guitar and dive right back into the intense action again.
The developer has outlined the game’s key features as below:
- 50+ items – Charge up with new guitars, strings, pedals, amps, books, and summons;
- 15 different enemies – to beat to the beat;
- 8 Guitar Bosses – Go toe to toe in the ultimate Rock showdown;
- 4 playable characters – Are you more Metallica, Iron Maiden or Black Sabbath? Choose the character you identify with the most and Rock on;
- 3 intense environments: Exploring 3 different environments – the Metal Den, Metal Festival and the ultimate performance stage . . . Hell itself;
- 6 levels – Blast through 6 different levels with unstoppable Rock guitar energy;
- Procedurally generated levels – Experience randomly generated levels to play through. No play session will ever be the same;
- Local Co-op – Jump in and jam it out with a friend;
- Mission system – Unlock new abilities and upgrade stats between runs;
- Original soundtrack and international Metal bands’ songs – Rock out to an awesome soundtrack. You’re sure to find a new hidden metal gem!
Metal Tales: Overkill will release digitally on the Nintendo eShop for Nintendo Switch worldwide on 22nd April 2022.