After an old foe resurfaces, Misako, Kyoko, Kunio and Riki – joined by newcomers Marian and Provie – must hit the streets in this all-new beat-’em-up adventure.
With the chance to team up in local or online co-op, you can expect new abilities, enemies and environments as you work to “pound punks into the dirt with brand-new guard-crush attacks, lift-off combos, double-team maneuvers and other knuckle-busting techniques!”
The game has a dynamic story system and non-linear gameplay, while levelling up rewards you with the chance to earn new moves, buy items and accessories.
The developer has outlined the game’s key features as below:
- Six playable characters, each with their own fighting styles and upgradable move sets!
- Enhanced combat: guard crushes, lift-off combos, double-team maneuvers, and more!
- River City is bigger than ever! New locations with multiple routes and secret areas!
- Play solo or team up with a friend, locally or online
- New “hired heavies” aid you in battle! Have two recruits at once!
- Loads of NPCs to meet, interact with, and punch in the face – including surprise cameos!
- Awesome anime intro, comic book cutscenes, English and Japanese voiceovers, and a spectacular soundtrack featuring RCG1 composer Megan McDuffee!
River City Girls 2 will release digitally on the Nintendo eShop for Nintendo Switch worldwide in Summer 2022.