RiME Update Version 1.0.1 Now Available
Much has been said about the inconsistent technical performance that RiME sees on Nintendo Switch, but developer Tequila Works appear committed to improving it as best they can.
That has seen the developer release a new software update for the puzzle adventure, which implements fixes for multiple issues around animations, controller input, audio distortion, camera collision, lag, and more.
We found our time on the sun-drenched island to be a memorable one in our RiME review but lamented the technical shortcomings, writing:
“RiME still amounts to a meaningful experience, and, despite being stacked against some tough competition, stands proudly as one of the more memorable journeys that you will set out on this year. It is certainly an adventure that you shouldn’t miss, but a poor technical performance on Nintendo Switch may see you washing ashore on other platforms rather than choosing to persevere.”
Changes Made In RiME Update Version 1.0.1
- Fixed an issue with Sentinel animations.
- Fixed an issue with controller input not behaving correctly.
- Fixed an issue with LOD load and unload.
- Resolved an issue with audio distortion.
- Fixed an issue with a black bar appearing on the Extras menu.
- Resolved an issue of background audio not playing.
- Fixed an issue with elements of a puzzle not being able to be triggered.
- Fixed some issues with puzzles not functioning correctly.
- Fixed an issue with lag in certain puzzles.
- Fixed camera collision issues.
- Added missing VFX to Shades.
- Fixed an issue where the game would become unresponsive at the logo screen.
- Added a light to a missing Sentinel.