After a menacing alien hive approaches our planet, ambitious pilot John Leone is sent to avert catastrophe and save humanity – setting out to fly inside the cavernous monstrosity to destroy it from within. That will also see you discover the reason behind why the aliens have chosen to attack us, uncovering the mysterious story behind the attack.
“For Remote Life I tried not to be inspired by any specific game. That ensures its uniqueness in this genre. I don’t think that producing clones of other games is a great challenge,” explains developer Mario Malagrino. “This allowed me to have a free mindset, and you can see that, especially in the weapon system that is quite unique for shmups. Another thing that you do not see usually is the autosave of level progress. This allows you to finish the game in a longer timeline and does not force you to play ‘restless’ the entire day. There are so many other features on offer.”
The developer has outlined the game’s key features as below:
- Fantastic visual effects
- 16 Amazing Missions, each different from each other, which guarantees a great variation of gameplay. Each Level is a whole new experience
- Auto-Save of Level Progression
- Great atmosphere and a Mysterious a Story
- Over 18 Weapons
- A Training/Tutorial stage that allows you to master the game mechanics before you go through the real missions
- 3 difficulty levels that you can choose according to your skills and experience. Additionally, an A.I. system will analyse your skills and help you with extra lives if this is required
- 3 Graphic Modes: Choose between HD modern Graphics, 8-bit and a 16-bit graphic modes to get the feeling of an old home computer or an arcade cabin
- 3 Spaceships (and four colours to choose) + special vehicles
- A massive number of enemies and no repetitive boring enemy patterns, but enemies with an aggressive A.I.
- Special Escort missions. They require great concentration and skills
- Open-World Exploration missions in Huge Spaces.
Remote Life will release digitally on the Nintendo eShop for Nintendo Switch worldwide on 27th May 2022 priced at £14.99 ($18.99).