This action-adventure game is set in the human mind and is a sequel to 2018’s Figment. After nightmares shatter the Moral Compass, The Mind becomes unable to function properly.
It is down to Dusty – The Mind’s courage – and his ever-optimistic sidekick Piper to restore peace to Creed Valley, where The Mind’s ideals are formed. That journey will be filled with musical showdowns and mind-bending puzzles, as you face your fears head-on.
“Our upcoming game, Figment 2, is filled with lots of musical boss fights and a lot of other delicious sound stuff. To get the most punchy sounds, I have been outside with my wooden sword, smashing barbecue grills and coffee kettles,” explains Bedtime Digital games game director and audio designer Niels Højgaard Sørensen.
“The music in Figment adapts to the way you play. We’ve spent a lot of energy getting audio, music and gameplay to work well together. We are looking forward to showing you the game!”
The developer has broken down the game’s features as below:
- Musical Showdowns: Nightmares have their own theme songs, shining light on why they have appeared. Dodge and weave as they taunt you.
- A Living, Rhythmic World: Chat with The Mind’s ever-changing opinions and tune in to the world’s rhythm.
- One Mind, Two Perspectives: Explore The Mind’s two fundamental states: Open-minded and Closed-minded. Switch between states and adapt to the shifting environment to move forward.
- Rack Your Brain, Hone Your Sword: Prove your mental and physical strength through mind-bending puzzles and fights timed to the soundtrack.
- Companion Mode: We should never have to face our fears alone. Piper is now a controllable character for local co-op.
Figment 2: Creed Valley will release digitally on the Nintendo eShop for Nintendo Switch worldwide in February 2022. A free demo is now available to download from the Nintendo eShop.