“[Nintendo] Switch players – the game needs a little more polish time,” the developer explained on Twitter. “We’re working to get the Switch version out in July, and we’ll have an updated release date for you as soon as we can!”
Pitched as “the fastest racing game in the universe,” the game takes inspiration from anti-gravity classics like WipEout and F-Zero.
Set in a future where humanity’s best pilots take anti-gravity ships from zero to light speed, there are 36 unique tracks to strafe, tile and boost around which can be played in reverse.
Coming packed with an “expansive” single-player campaign, you will also have the chance to compete against the world in online multiplayer for up to six players and to customise or recalibrate your hovership.
The developer has outlined the game’s key features as below:
- Speed and Control: With blazing-fast speeds of over 1,000 km/h and an intuitive driving system, Redout 2 is a blast to pick up and play, but truly rewarding for any who can master its super-high skill ceiling.
- Extensive Career Mode: Fly through hundreds of events across 36 unique racetracks – all of which are reversible! From Arena Races and Time Attacks to Last Man Standing and intense Boss Races, dart past the competition and dominate the finish line.
- Competitive Multiplayer: Take on rivals in intense online multiplayer. Dive into fresh challenges with regularly added custom content and seasons featuring bonus rewards.
- Comprehensive Customization: Choose from 12 distinct chassis and fully customize your hovership with an incredible selection of propulsors, stabilizers, rudders, intercoolers, flaps, magnets, wings, spoilers, rocket engines, paints and more!
- Experience a futuristic soundtrack from leading electronic artists like the legendary Giorgio Moroder and acclaimed talents such as Zardonic and Dance with the Dead, with music seamlessly and dynamically mixed based on real-time race data.
- Create and share your best high-speed moments with Redout 2’s Photo Mode.
Redout 2 will release digitally on the Nintendo eShop for Nintendo Switch worldwide in July 2022.