This sequel to the award-winning railway management simulator will see you take over a small train company in the 19th Century. Promising “bigger and more detailed landscapes than ever before,” you can choose from sprawling maps in Europe or North America across which you will need to establish a railway company like no other on the continent.
The developer has worked hard to introduce “improved track construction, real-time terraforming and vast regional maps,” along with more ways to improve your ever-expanding rail network in an effort to outdo your competition.
You can expect gameplay options in free play and construction modes, five campaigns and 14 scenarios.
The publisher has outlined the game’s key features as below:
- History in the making: In 1830 at the dawn of the age of railways, build a grand railway empire from scratch and choose from 60 detailed, historic steam engines.
- A sprawling landscape: Huge and detailed game world covering the whole of the USA and Europe in one single map each, as well as more detailed regional maps with more than 300 towns spread all over the US and Europe.
- Endless Possibilities: Choose how you want to play from 5 campaigns, 14 scenarios, the customizable free play mode and the relaxing construction mode.
- Automatic terrain adjustment: The land adapts to your track layout as your tracks cross mountains, valleys and plains while you plan your routes, connect cities and optimize your rail network.
- Improved track construction: Laying tracks is easier than ever with automatically placed signals, expandable train stations with up to 8 tracks and bridges that can hold up to 4 tracks.
- Enjoy the view: Ride along your train and see the landscape rush by from the inside of the wagons or from the front seat in the driver’s compartment of the steam engine.
Railway Empire 2 will release at retail and digitally on the Nintendo eShop for Nintendo Switch worldwide in 2023.