Those looking to stack, match and clear colourful objects in Puyo Puyo Tetris on Nintendo Switch won’t have to wait that long, with SEGA announcing that the puzzler will release in April.
The frantic puzzle mashup promises an addictive experience that will “quench the thirst of the most weathered puzzle game veteran,” packed with quirky single-player modes such as Adventure and Solo Arcade.
We can also learn more about the multiplayer modes available in the game, which SEGA lists as:
- Versus – Players compete head-to-head in either Puyo Puyo or Tetris to fight in the puzzle fight of their life.
- Swap – Players’ abilities are put to the ultimate test when they compete on both Puyo Puyo and Tetris boards, which switch back and forth at set intervals.
- Fusion – A true hybrid game where players compete with Puyos and Tetriminos together on the same board, requiring deft, on-the-fly thinking to become victorious.
- Big Bang – It’s a race to the finish as players compete against each other to clear unique challenge boards as quickly as possible to win.
- Party – Players compete on Puyo or Tetris boards, but the puzzles feature special items that when activated either help players or harm their opponents.
Puyo Puyo Tetris release on Nintendo Switch in North America on April 25th and across Europe on April 28th, available digitally for $29.99 and physically for $39.99.