This sequel to the original fighting management simulator is pitched as a “gritty, humorous, ’80s cyberpunk-themed game.”
Set 20 years after the first game, the future is corrupt, sea shells have replaced toilet rolls and everything is now cyberpunk. Promising even more punching than before, the mean streets of the under-city are a disease but you can soon prove yourself to be the cure.
You will need to manage your time and funds while climbing to the top of the fighting leagues, solving crimes, and working for the police, mob, mafia or anyone else you cross paths with.
Completing quests will reward you with access to new fighting schools, moves, dollars, good person points and the Lion Queen on VHS, with multiple branching storylines impacted by your moral choices – whether you do the right thing or not.
“Punch Club is a special title to us – our first game – we put our hearts into the development of this sequel. Our goal was to embrace our Lazy Bear Games style, smooth the edges that slowed down the progression, and pump up the fun,” the developer explains.
The publisher has outlined the game’s key features as below:
- Become a Champion Fighter: Punch, kick and cheat your way through, if you want. Becoming the best damn fighter ain’t easy; it takes time, dedication, dollars, and training! Increase your stats and techniques, plan your match, and create your own incredibly awesome school of fighting!
- Manage… Everything: Oversee everything from precious hours in the day to finances, whilst climbing to the top of the fighting leagues, solving crimes, working for the police, mob, mafia, and about anyone else you cross paths with. Perfect your strategy to become the best damn fighter this city has ever seen.
- Story-Rich Narrative: Fully developed NPCs with interesting personalities and stories accompany a variety of branching story paths to explore. The stakes of moral choices impact story outcomes!
- 80’s Nostalgia: This fighting management sim provides a gritty throwback into an 80’s inspired future. Enjoy the pure adrenaline-fuelled awesomeness of the ’80s with humour, quotes, and good old bone-crunching action!
- Cyberpunk Aesthetic: The alluring pixel art style with a vibrant neon futuristic colour palette and captivating visuals showcase a unique perspective of a cyberpunk future.
Punch Club 2: Fast Forward will release digitally on the Nintendo eShop for Nintendo Switch worldwide in 2023.