Niantic has announced when the next Pokémon GO Community Day will take place and that Porygon will be the featured Pokémon.
The Community Days are monthly events that feature a special Pokémon that will appear frequently around the world for a few short hours. And, if caught during the event, the Pokémon will know an exclusive move.
That exclusive move remains unknown at this point, but the Virtual Pokémon can be evolved into Porygon2 or Porygon-Z, for those that still need to complete their Pokédex. As with previous Community Days, Shiny Porygon are likely to spawn.
The Community Day will take place on Sunday 20th September from 11am – 5pm local time, with Niantic sharing further details below:
- Porygon will be appearing more frequently in the wild. If you’re lucky, you may encounter a Shiny one!
- Evolve Porygon2 (the evolved form of Porygon) during the event or up to two hours afterward to get a Porygon-Z that knows Tri Attack. This will be the first time this attack will be available in Pokémon GO. In Trainer Battles, Tri Attack has a chance of lowering the opposing Pokémon’s Attack and Defense.
- Take a few snapshots during Community Day for a surprise!
- There’ll be a special one-time-purchase September Community Day Box available for 1,280 PokéCoins, featuring an Elite Fast TM, three Incense, six Lucky Eggs, and 30 Ultra Balls.
- For US$1 (or the equivalent pricing tier in your local currency), you’ll be able to access the September Community Day–exclusive Special Research story, Decoding Porygon. Work alongside Professor Willow as he learns all about Porygon—a Pokémon made completely out of programming code—and its subsequent Evolutions. Stay tuned for when tickets for the Decoding Porygon Special Research story go live! Tickets are nonrefundable (subject to applicable law and the exceptions set forth in the Terms of Service). Please note that this Special Research will not include an in-game medal.
- 3× Catch XP
- Incense activated during the event will last for three hours.
Earn items needed to evolve Porygon and Porygon2!
Leading up to and during September Community Day, be on the lookout for the following opportunities to earn the items needed to evolve Porygon and Porygon2.
- During the Mega Battle Challenge event week from Friday, September 11, 2020, at 8:00 a.m. to Thursday, September 17, 2020, at 10:00 p.m. local time, all Trainers can earn an Upgrade and a Sinnoh Stone by completing the event’s Timed Research.
- On September 20, all Trainers can earn up to three Upgrades and three Sinnoh Stones by completing Timed Research tasks.
- Trainers who purchase a ticket for the September Community Day–exclusive Special Research story, Decoding Porygon, can earn an Upgrade and a Sinnoh Stone by completing that Special Research.