Google has published their YouTube Game Trailers Leaderboard: Spring 2016, which details those that have been viewed the most worldwide between 1st January – 24th May 2016.
While EA’s Battlefield 1 reveal trailer is a clear frontrunner with 34.6 million views, it was the Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare reveal trailer that was the closest competition at 25.1 million views.
It’s nice to see plenty of excitement surrounding the Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon trailer that revealed the new Starter Pokémon, which placed fifth with 8.4 million views. If the calculation carried up until today’s date, that would see the trailer edge out the DOOM – Fight Like Hell cinematic trailer to secure fourth place.
The company shared that more than 144 billion minutes of game videos and livestreams are watched on YouTube each month, and this leaderboard accounts for 70 million views and nearly two million hours watched in total.
The 10 most popular game trailers on YouTube this spring, were:
1. Battlefield 1 Official Reveal Trailer – 34.6 million views
2. Official Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare Reveal Trailer – 25.1 million views
3. Gears of War 4 – Tomorrow – 16 million views
4. DOOM – Fight Like Hell Cinematic Trailer – 8.5 million views
5. Starter Pokémon for Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon Revealed! – 8.4 million views
6. Overwatch Animated Short: “Dragons” – 5.2 million views
7. MLB The Show 16 – Get Famous (TV Commercial) – 4.7 million views
8. Fallout 4 – Far Harbor Official Trailer – 4.3 million views
9. Fallout 4 – Automatron Official Trailer – 2.9 million views
10. Official Call of Duty: Black Ops III – Awakening Trailer: The Replacer Returns – 2.8 million views