Pokémon Let’s Go Fishing Rod: How To Catch Water Pokémon
With Trainers around the world enjoying their chance to return to the Kanto region in Pokémon Let’s Go, Pikachu! and Pokémon Let’s Go, Eevee!, you may be searching for a Fishing Rod to catch Water Pokémon like Magikarp or Poliwag.
However, with wild Pokémon now spawning before your eyes as you explore the region, Game Freak has made the decision to remove the ability to use a Fishing Rod entirely. No Old Rod. No Good Rod. No Super Rod. No Fishing Rod. Nothing.
In their place, once your partner Pokémon is taught Sea Skim, the Secret Technique can be used to glide across water and, with that, you will soon see Pokémon start to spawn around you. As with other wild Pokémon, you simply need to bump into them to trigger an encounter, presenting you with the chance to catch them in a Poké Ball.
If you need more pointers on the Nintendo Switch exclusives, we have many more guides about the games below.
Pokemon Let’s Go, Pikachu! and Pokemon Let’s Go, Eevee! are now available exclusively for Nintendo Switch worldwide.
List of Pokémon Let’s Go, Pikachu! and Pokémon Let’s Go, Eevee! Guides
- All 153 Master Trainer Locations In Pokémon Let’s Go Pikachu! And Eevee!
- All Pokémon Let’s Go, Pikachu! And Eevee! Mega Stone Locations
- Catch Combo In Pokémon Let’s Go, Pikachu! And Eevee! Explained
- Pokémon Let’s Go Mystery Gift: Serial Code, Internet And Poké Ball Plus
- Version Exclusive Pokémon In Pokémon Let’s Go, Pikachu! And Eevee!