In this Pokémon-inspired massively multiplayer creature-collection adventure game, you play as a character who is chasing their dream to become a Temtem tamer.
That will see you set out on an epic adventure to explore the six islands of the Airborne Archipelago, on which you will discover new species and make friends on your journey.
You will be challenged to catch every Temtem and battle rival tamers with your squad, with the chance to customise your house or even join a friend’s adventure in a dynamic online world.
You will need to defeat the ever-annoying Clan Belsoto and put an end to its plot to rule the Archipelago, while also looking to beat all eight Dojo Leaders to become the ultimate Temtem tamer.
The publisher has outlined the game’s key features as below:
- Story Campaign: Journey across six vivid islands and embark on the adventure of becoming a Temtem tamer while fighting against the evil Clan Belsoto.
- Online World: The days of travelling solo are over; in Temtem the world is a massively multiplayer one. Tamers from around the world can join and you will be able to see them around you, living the adventure with you and fighting to become the best Temtem tamer.
- Co-Op Adventure: You will be able to join forces with a friend any time and work together towards your next goal. Catch new Temtem, complete a Route, or face off against a Temtem Leader; all while fighting alongside your friend in dual battles!
- Housing: Buy your own house at Atoll Row and decorate it your way. Buy new furniture, colour your walls and you’ll be ready to invite your friends over!
- Customize: Customize your character to stand out from the crowd and get new cosmetics while you battle other tamers. Pick a silly hat, a comfy sweatshirt, some pants and you’re ready to go! Or maybe you prefer to wear a full-on cosplay of your favourite Temtem?
- Competitive: Start by choosing 8 Temtem and the pick and ban phase will begin. Take turns with your rival to pick your Temtem and ban theirs. When all the decisions are made and the turns are ended, you will end up with a squad of 5 Temtem and the battle will begin.
The publisher has also outlined the new features coming to Temtem at launch:
- Seasons: After the launch of 1.0, we’ll release seasonal updates and a Battle Pass with free and premium awards tracks.
- Endgame Island: The final island will be added, completing the Airborne Archipelago. This island will feature new activities through which you can test yourself as a Temtem tamer, new places to shop, and new areas to explore with friends.
- New quests: Engage in weekly quests, which will be updated regularly post-launch.
Temtem will release at retail and digitally on the Nintendo eShop for Nintendo Switch worldwide on 6th September 2022.