The Pokémon Company International had confirmed that the Pokémon HOME update that would add compatibility with Pokémon Scarlet and Pokémon Violet would be made available next week, but has now backtracked on their announcement.
“We put the cart before the Mudsdale!” The Pokémon Company International shared on Twitter. “Earlier we mistakenly posted that Pokémon HOME version 3.0.0 would launch on May 23/24. However, the actual release date is yet to be announced. 3.0.0 is coming soon though, so please continue to follow our pages for more information!”
After you link your game(s) to Pokémon HOME, you will be able to transfer your pocket monsters from Pokémon Scarlet and Pokémon Violet into Pokémon HOME as well as the chance to bring “select Pokémon” from other games to the Paldea region.
It has been confirmed that the Tera Type of Pokémon that you move to Pokémon Scarlet or Pokémon Violet from other games will be determined by their original type or types.
It was also revealed that when you transfer a Pokémon from either Pokémon Scarlet or Pokémon Violet into Pokémon HOME for the first time, you can receive a Sprigatito, Fuecoco, and Quaxly with Hidden Abilities as Mystery Gifts in the mobile device version of Pokémon HOME.
Pokémon HOME Update Version 3.0.0 Patch Notes
- Convert Pokémon HOME Points into LP (League Points): Players will be able to exchange Pokémon HOME Points, which they receive based on the number of Pokémon in their Boxes, for LP that they can use in Pokémon Scarlet and Pokémon Violet.
- View Game-Specific Details: Players will be able to change a Pokémon’s summary page to display information from other games the Pokémon has been in. Additionally, in the mobile device version of Pokémon HOME, the summary page of Pokémon transferred from Pokémon Bank will now show its stats and information as they were in Pokémon Bank.
- Changing Moves: From version 3.0.0 onward, when bringing a Pokémon from Pokémon HOME into a linked game, players will be able to change the moves it knows from among a list of moves it has learned up to that point. This will allow players to have their Pokémon know moves before moving it out of Pokémon HOME.
- Added Challenges and Stickers: If certain challenges are completed in the mobile device version of Pokémon HOME, you can obtain stickers as rewards. You can use the stickers you obtain to customize your profile, so be sure to complete all sorts of challenges to create designs that are uniquely “you”!
- Bring Along Gimmighoul (Roaming Form): Players will be able to bring Gimmighoul (Roaming Form) from Pokémon GO into Pokémon Scarlet and Pokémon Violet via Pokémon HOME.