Niantic has released a minor software update for Pokémon GO on iOS, which brings the location-based game to version 1.37.1.
This is the “biggest update” that the developer has released, introducing new Gym features, Gym Badges, Raid Battles and new items.
The Raid Battles, a new cooperative gameplay experience, will be rolled out more slowly over the next few weeks and will start as a beta that will only be available to players at certain Gym locations. But, eventually, everyone will soon be able to get involved.
Changes Made In Pokémon GO Update Version 1.37.1
- Gym features significantly updated to add the all-new motivation system.
- Added new Gym Badge feature.
- Added in-app and push notification system for Gyms.
- Added Raid Battles, a new cooperative gameplay experience.
- Added four new items available only by completing Raid Battles.
- Added Raids tab to Nearby screen.
- Added search functionality to Pokémon collection screen.
- Added visual indicator to unvisited PokéStops.