Niantic has revealed plans for the Pokémon GO Spring 2020 event, which will start around the world next week.
The event runs from 8am local time on Thursday 9th April to 10pm local time on Thursday 16th April 2020, and will see egg-themed and spring-themed Pokémon spawn more often in the wild.
Buneary wearing a flower crown will also make an appearance, while Pichu and Togepi wearing flower crowns will hatch from Pokémon Eggs that you incubate.
“Spring has sprung for those of you in the northern hemisphere, and what better way to celebrate than with a springtime event!” the developer explains.
“Buneary joins the celebration by wearing a flower crown, while egg- and spring-themed Pokémon are appearing more often in the wild! Pokémon Eggs just got eggs-tra special too, as Pichu and Togepi with flower crowns will be hatching from them.
“We’re continuing to prioritize Pokémon GO experiences that can be enjoyed in individual settings. You’ll receive 1/2 Hatch Distance when Eggs are placed into Incubators until further notice, so be sure to turn on Adventure Sync and make every step count.”
Pokémon GO Spring 2020 Event Details
- The following Pokémon will be appearing more often in the wild: Exeggcute, Chansey, Mareep, Marill, and Torchic. If you’re lucky, you might encounter a Shiny Exeggcute!
- Buneary wearing flower crowns and Pikachu wearing flower hats will also be appearing in the wild! If you’re lucky, you might encounter Shiny ones, too!
- The following Pokémon will be hatching more often from 2 km Eggs: Pichu wearing a flower crown, Togepi wearing a flower crown, Happiny, Munchlax, Tyrogue, Chingling, and Riolu.
- All Eggs received from Gifts during the event will be 2 km Eggs.
- There will be event-exclusive Field Research tasks that reward encounters with Alolan Exeggutor, Azumarill, and—if you’re extremely lucky—Audino!
- A Togepi-themed bag and hoodie will be available in the in-game shop!
- 2× Hatch Candy
- Lucky Eggs will last for one hour