Q-Games has announced that its party-game brawler hybrid PixelJunk Scrappers Deluxe will release on Nintendo Switch “later this year.”
Set in a not-so-distant future, you will have the chance to join the Scrappers – a team of humanoid trash collectors – as they set out to clean up a city left in a dismal state after the end of humanity.
With cross-platform online multiplayer support for up to four players and the option for local co-op, you can participate in multiple modes as well as frantic minigames.
You will be encouraged to compete against the clock to collect as much trash as possible. The higher the stack the larger the bonus, with characters, weapons and truck parts to unlock. However, you can expect rival squads to interfere in an effort to bag the rewards for themselves.
“The PixelJunk series is known for blending genres to create innovative new experiences, and that’s exactly what we’re continuing to do with PixelJunk Scrappers Deluxe. By fusing traditional arcade brawler gameplay with modern party-game madness, we’ve developed something that’s fun to pick up and play and keeps you coming back for more,” explains Q-Games founder and executive producer Dylan Cuthbert.
“PixelJunk recently celebrated its 15th anniversary and I’m thrilled to be announcing a brand new experience for players on PC, PlayStation and Nintendo Switch. We’ve got big plans for 2023 and intend to celebrate the 15 year anniversary in style. There’s more PixelJunk news to come and we can’t wait to share what we’ve been working on.”
The developer has outlined the game’s key features as below:
- 5 vibrant areas to explore with over 25 stages
- Local and online multiplayer for up to 4 players.
- Cross-platform multiplayer support.
- Multiple fighting styles with a variety of melee and ranged weapons to unlock.
- Weapon drops make no two playthroughs the same.
- Over 100 unique custom truck parts to discover.
- Wide variety of unique Scrappers to recruit for your roster.
- Frantic mini-games with head-to head modes.
- Pop-art cyberpunk-world that draws inspiration from real-world Japan.
PixelJunk Scrappers Deluxe will release digitally on the Nintendo eShop for Nintendo Switch worldwide “later this year.”