Niantic has announced when the next Pokémon GO Community Day will take place and that Oshawott will be the featured Pokémon.
The Community Days are monthly events that feature a special Pokémon that will appear frequently around the world for a few short hours. And, if caught during the event, the Pokémon will know an exclusive move.
Those that evolve Oshawott into Dewott and then into Samurott “during the event or up to two hours afterward,” will be rewarded with a Samurott that knows the Charged Attack, Hydro Cannon. As with previous Community Days, Shiny Oshawott are more likely to spawn.
The Community Day will take place on Sunday 19th September from 11am – 5pm local time, with Niantic sharing further details below:
- Oshawott will be appearing more frequently in the wild! It will also be attracted to Rainy Lure Modules. If you’re lucky, you might encounter a Shiny Oshawott!
- Evolve Dewott (Oshawott’s Evolution) during the event or up to two hours afterward to get a Samurott that knows the Charged Attack Hydro Cannon.
- Samurott will now be able to learn the Charged Attack Razor Shell. This attack will be available for Samurott to learn even after the event has concluded.
- Take a few snapshots during Community Day for a surprise!
- There’ll be a special one-time-purchase Community Day Box available for 1,280 PokéCoins, featuring 50 Ultra Balls, five Lucky Eggs, five Rainy Lure Modules, and an Elite Fast TM.
- You’ll be able to get Oshawott-inspired stickers by spinning PokéStops, opening Gifts, and purchasing them from the in-game shop.
- For US$1.00 (or the equivalent pricing tier in your local currency), you’ll be able to access the Oshawott Community Day–exclusive Special Research story, From Scalchops to Seamitars. This Special Research will include a Rainy Lure Module as one of its rewards.
- Stay tuned for when tickets for the From Scalchops to Seamitars Special Research story go live! Tickets are nonrefundable (subject to applicable law and the exceptions set forth in the Terms of Service). Please note that this Special Research will not include an in-game medal.
- 3× Catch XP
- Incense activated during the event will last for three hours
- Lure Modules activated during the event will last for three hours