You will have the chance to start a new life for yourself on a small rundown farm in Badgetown, where you will spend your days renovating, raising “weird little pals,” taking part in dance-offs, designing your house and helping the mayor to save the town.
The game comes to the portable home console after it was in Early Access. Since Summer 2020, has seen the developer add new regions, ooblets, crops, story content and quality of life improvements, and, upon launch, will also introduce “multiple new locations to visit, new quests, and the conclusion to the game’s main storyline.”
The developer has outlined the game’s key features as below:
- Customize your character’s style with a variety of unique outfits and accessories.
- Grow otherworldly crops on your farm, craft treats, and sell them in town.
- Build your own team of ooblets to participate in card-based dance battles, level up, and unlock new moves.
- Daily challenges, dance tournaments, townsfolk quests, and badges will keep you very busy.
- Give gifts and make friends with the kinda-odd residents of Badgetown.
- Start with a rundown shack and turn it into a beautiful home with tons of decor and furniture options.
- Play a plethora of pleasant minigames.
- Run your own shop in town selling items you’ve crafted and collected.
- Help the mayor save the town, and unlock the secrets of Oob along the way.
- Get to know the townsfolk and befriend them if you’d like!
- Explore a bunch of regions, like the arcade-filled boardwalk in Port Forward, the spooky swamps of Nullwhere, and the frozen peaks of Tippytop.
- (and you can pet the ooblets).
Ooblets will release digitally on the Nintendo eShop for Nintendo Switch worldwide on 1st September 2022.