In this “rogue-lite deck-builder featuring an explosive combination of exploration and strategic turn-based combat,” you will have the chance to journey to fantastical locations as you master the power of Wakfu to unleash devastating combos and lay waste to those that stand in your way.
“With One More Gate we’ve created the fusion of gameplay elements that we wanted to play, bringing together exploration, cool combat and smart deck-building in a package that we think will keep players hooked,” explains Ankama CEO and co-founder Anthony Roux. “We also wanted to make the game an extension of our long-running Wakfu franchise to bring a new experience to our millions of fans, and introduce players of deck-builders to the wonderful world of Wakfu!”
The publisher has outlined the game’s key features as below:
- Discover the “World of Twelve” universe and the adventures of Oropo: Pass through the portal and explore vibrant procedurally generated levels. Choose the smartest path, fight fantastic creatures, and take part in events that will make you stronger… or not.
- Grow stronger and master the powers of Wakfu: The natural energy of Wakfu is unique to the World of Twelve. You must learn to use the variations in its flow to your advantage if you want to defeat the most fearsome creatures.
- Meet eccentric characters and complete quests: From a dojo master to a body-building granny, the One More Gate universe is full of unique characters who will send you on increasingly tricky missions in exchange for fabulous loot.
- Collect cards and create destructive combos: Crushing monsters, opening chests, spending kamas to buy a peddler’s wares… There are many ways to expand your deck with the help of the approximately 100 cards available in the game.
- Each run is unique: There are countless secrets waiting for you to discover: gems with unexpected powers, divine blessings and dangerous curses. Are you ready to pass to the other side?
One More Gate will release digitally on the Nintendo eShop for Nintendo Switch worldwide in early 2023.