Microids and Olydri Games have confirmed a release date for Noob: The Factionless, which will soon release on Nintendo Switch.
This is a turn-based RPG set in the universe of Noob, which is a French transmedia property that recounts the “epic and humoristic adventures of a team of newbie players in a fictional MMORPG called Horizon.”
The game will tell the adventure of four beginner players – Baster, Drek, May and Logs – who form the Rush guild. They hope to quickly reach level 100 and unlock their Legendary class so that they can join Horizon’s elite players and see their guild become one of the greatest in the game. Alternating between the real world and the MMORPG’s virtual universe, you will also have to complete quests in real-life.
The publisher has outlined the game’s key features, which include:
- A true RPG experience with 50+ hours of gameplay, 750+ avatars to interact with and 300+ maps to wander in.
- Embody a team of 4 hardcore gamers and their video game avatars in a challenging and colorful RPG in a homage to the greatest J-RPGs!
- Explore a huge world, fight intense battles and complete quests to level up your team.
- Customize your avatars with the best equipment you will loot in dungeons, grottos, chests and city shops!
- Strengthen your team and upgrade your abilities by farming experience through the fights: adapt your skills to your fighting style or to the foes you encounter.
- Explore the world of Olydri and make your mark among the most powerful factions of the “Horizon” MMORPG, where the greatest players meet and fight!
- Play the “real” players in the “real world” and find out who is behind your friends’ avatars… or your enemies’!
Noob: The Factionless will release at retail and digitally on the Nintendo eShop for Nintendo Switch worldwide on 29th June 2023.