Set in a world that has become dependent on a rapidly diminishing natural resource, you play as a gruff woodsman on a quest for revenge armed with the mysterious Gunbrella – a firearm that doubles as an umbrella.
However, his investigation soon “becomes entangled with the inner workings of ghouls and gangsters, cops and cultists, and the fallout of corporate exploitation.”
While exploring diverse locations and interrogating the bizarre characters that you encounter, you must use the Gunbrella to glide, swing, dash and dive – gathering spare parts that you can trade for different munitions and upgrades.
The publisher has outlined the game’s key features as below:
- Engage in side-scrolling action combat with a focus on manoeuvrability and close-quarters gunplay. Your gun is also a movement tool. Use the umbrella to glide, swing, dash, and dive.
- Interrogate and speak to a cast of bizarre characters. What you learn is recorded in your investigative notebook.
- Manage your resources. Find scrap and spare parts to trade for different munitions and upgrades to your Gunbrella.
- Explore various locations from a small town menaced by cult kidnappings, to a junkyard-turned-fortress ruled by a trash gang, and maybe even the almost mythical city of Avalon, where it’s rumoured that you can still see the sky.
- Uncover the mysteries of the supernatural as wraiths and monstrosities materialise in places where blood has been shed.
Gunbrella will release digitally on the Nintendo eShop for Nintendo Switch worldwide in 2023.