Nintendo Switch System Update Version 4.0.0 Adds Video Capture, Save Transfer And More
Nintendo has released a major Nintendo Switch system update worldwide, with the portable home console’s operating system now sat at a rounded version 4.0.0.
This introduces the chance to capture video on select games, saving the previous 30 seconds to the Album when the Capture button is held down briefly – the user then able to trim the clip before posting to Facebook or Twitter.
Along with that, there are new user icons with characters from The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild and Super Mario Odyssey, the ability to transfer user and save data to another system, a pre-purchase option on the Nintendo eShop, changes to the News channel, and a feature to match software version with other local users.
Improvements Made In Nintendo Switch System Update Version 4.0.0
Added the following system functionality
- Capture video on select games:
- To capture video, hold down the Capture Button during gameplay
- Up to a maximum of the previous 30 seconds will be saved in the Album. You can trim the beginning and end of each clip, and post to Facebook and Twitter.
- As of October 18th, 2017, this feature is compatible with The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, ARMS, and Splatoon 2
- Select from 12 new Super Mario Odyssey and The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild icons for your user:
- To edit your user icon, head to your My Page on the top left of the Home Menu > Profile
- Transfer user and save data to another system:
- To transfer, head to System Settings > Users > Transfer Your User and Save Data
- Pre-purchase option on Nintendo eShop:
- A pre-purchase option will be available for certain games. This option allows pre-load of the game to your system for quicker play when the game is released.
- This feature will be supported by future game releases
- News channel updates:
- The news feed has been updated with a new look.
- Unfollowing a channel will remove that channel’s content from the news feed and following the channel again will make it reappear.
- Match software version with a group of local users:
- To create a group, head to the software’s Options > Software Update > Match Version with Local Users
- Everyone’s software will be updated to match the most recent version in the group
- All users must be on system menu version 4.0.0 or later to view and join a group
- Changed the specification which hid wireless networks using TKIP security from the network search results. Wireless networks using TKIP security will now display in search results as a grayed-out selection instead of not being displayed:
- The Nintendo Switch console supports WEP, WPA-PSK(AES), and WPA2-PSK(AES). If your router is using a different security type (e.g. WPA-PSK(TKIP)), you will need to change this security type within your router’s settings.
General system stability improvements to enhance the user’s experience, including: