Nintendo Switch System Update 9.0.0 Now Available (With Patch Notes)
Nintendo has released a new Nintendo Switch system update worldwide, with the portable home console’s current version now 9.0.0.
This update has addressed an issue with Fire Emblem: Three Houses, where those that had bought the Expansion Pass were unable to start the game.
“We are aware that some users who recently purchased the Expansion Pass for Fire Emblem: Three Houses are unable to start the game,” Nintendo of America explained. “A system update will be available later today to fix this. We apologize for the inconvenience.”
It has also added an Online Play Invites section to the User page, Alarm Notifications, touch screen sensitivity settings, and the ability to display a QR Code on-screen to check in at events with your Nintendo Account.
Nintendo Switch System Update Version 9.0.0 Patch Notes
Added the following system functionality:
- Added a search feature for the News Channel.
- Channels can be searched using filters or free text.
- Added “Display QR Code to Check In” to User Settings.
- You can display a QR Code on-screen to check in using your Nintendo Account.
- Alarm Notifications have been added to System Settings & Notifications.
- You can check or delete pre-set alarms.
- Alarms can be set up only within supported software (to be added at a later time).
- A controller firmware update may be required to use this feature.
- You can now configure touch screen sensitivity settings.
- Select between Standard and Stylus sensitivity (optimized for stylus input).
- Added the option to turn on/off the system button input (Nintendo Switch Lite only).
- When this setting is turned off the system no longer receives input from the console buttons, with the exception of the Capture and HOME Buttons, and can only be operated from a wirelessly paired controller (sold separately).
- This setting is on by default and can only be turned off if a compatible controller (sold separately) is wirelessly paired to the console.
- The setting will automatically turn back on when the console is restarted or after returning from sleep mode.
- Added “Online Play Invites” section to the User’s page.
- Invites from friends to join online play in supported software will be displayed in this section.
- General system stability improvements to enhance the user’s experience.
- Resolved an issue where some users can’t start the Fire Emblem: Three Houses game, and get an error instead.