Nintendo Switch Game File Sizes Detailed
For those looking forward to building a digital library on Nintendo Switch, Nintendo has handily detailed some game file sizes to give a broader impression about how much space you will need.
Nintendo Switch has 32GB internal memory, although 6.1GB is reserved for use by the system. That means that many will have to expand the console’s storage capacity with a micro SD card which won’t be too problematic, given that it can support cards as large as 2TB.
That being said, most of the early releases can easily be stored on the console without any need to purchase one. The only title that will cause concern is Dragon Quest Heroes I-II as it will require 32GB, with Nintendo indicating that console owners will need to buy a micro SD card in order to download it.
The Nintendo Switch game files sizes that have been confirmed, are:
- Disgaea 5 Complete – 5.92GB
- Dragon Quest Heroes I-II – 32GB*
- I Am Setsuna – 1.4GB
- Mario Kart 8 Deluxe – 7GB (or more)
- Nobunaga’s Ambition – 5GB
- Puyo Puyo Tetris – 1.09GB
- Snipperclips – Cut it out, together! – 1.6GB
- The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild – 13.4GB
* A 32GB micro SD card (or more) is required (sold separately).
Nintendo Switch will launch worldwide on Friday 3rd March, priced at £279.99 ($299.99).