Nintendo eShop Update: 16th August 2018 (Europe)
This week’s Nintendo eShop releases for Europe are in, delivering new add-on content, demos and games for Nintendo Switch – as well as plentiful discounts across all platforms.
Permanent Conditional Discount: Nintendo Switch
- Shut Eye, Forever Entertainment – £1.79 (€1.99) for those that own NO THING, Star Story: The Horizon Escape, NoReload Heroes, Qbik, Timberman VS, Goetia, Zombillie, Violett, Frederic 2: Evil Strikes Back, Frederic: Resurrection of Music, Millie, Sparkle 2 EVO, Hollow, Sparkle 3 Genesis or Sparkle ZERO, normally £3.59 (€3.99)
- The Next Penelope, Plug In Digital – £8.24 (€9.74) for those that own NeuroVoider, normally £10.99 (€12.99)
- Transcripted, Plug In Digital – £5.24 (€5.99) for those that own NeuroVoider, normally £6.99 (€7.99)
Permanent Price Drop: Nintendo Switch
- FIFA 18, Electronic Arts – £34.99 (€39.99), previously £54.99 (€59.99)
Nintendo Switch Add-on Content
- Pic-a-Pix Deluxe – Small Puzzles 8, Lightwood Games – £1.99 (€1.99)
- Pic-a-Pix Deluxe – Mixed Puzzles 8, Lightwood Games – £1.99 (€1.99)
- Pic-a-Pix Deluxe – Large Puzzles 8, Lightwood Games – £1.99 (€1.99)
Nintendo Switch Demos
- Earthlock, Snowcastle Games – Free
Enter a beautiful world haunted by its fateful past and join a party of unlikely heroes on their journey to rescue Amon’s uncle from an ancient cult and uncover the secret of Earthlock.
- Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate, Capcom – Free
Hunting season is OPEN! Take on epic hunts on the go or from the comfort of your own home. Choose from 14 different weapon types, mix and match them with unique Hunting Styles and Hunter Arts, or even play as an adorable but ferocious Felyne in Prowler Mode. Featuring the largest cast of monsters for any game in the series, from returning fan favourites to mysterious never-before-seen monsters.
- Morphite, Blowfish Studios – Free
Set in a distant future, Morphite follows the story of Myrah Kale. Her life takes a sudden turn when a simple mission develops into an epic interstellar journey revealing her mysterious past and relation to a coveted substance called Morphite.
Nintendo Switch Games
- 2064: Read Only Memories INTEGRAL, MidBoss – £15.79 (€17.57)
2064: Read Only Memories INTEGRAL fuses old and new: a classic-style adventure game with lush pixel art and catchy electronic soundtrack, but which explores modern-day issues of individuality, freedom, and identity. Explore a colorful future metropolis, meet fascinating and diverse characters, and get to the bottom of a deadly conspiracy.
- ACA NEOGEO Real Bout Fatal Fury 2, Hamster Corporation – £6.29 (€6.99)
Real Bout Fatal Fury 2 is a fighting game released by SNK in 1998. It is the 7th title in the Fatal Fury series. New elements have been added on top of refining the previous systems. This entry adds Rick Strowd and Li Xiangfei as playable characters, and Geese Howard makes his return as well.
- CastleStorm, Zen Studios – £13.49 (€14.99)
Enjoy a unique take on medieval warfare in Zen Studios’ light-hearted action-strategy game. As rival fortresses attack your own, you’ll use a ballista to fling an assortment of weapons at enemy towers and spear approaching enemies, while sending your own troops and unleashing powerful spells.
- Cosmic Star Heroine, Limited Run Games – £10.99 (€11.99)
Three exotic planets to explore. Aliens. Robots. Magic. Forbidden technology. Conspiracies. A galactic threat. And one brave heroine to make things right. Cosmic Star Heroine is an exciting RPG from the creators of Cthulhu Saves the World.
- Detective Gallo, MixedBag – £13.49 (€14.99)
Detective Gallo is a point&click comic-noir adventure that is entirely hand-illustrated and hand-animated, and whose protagonist is a feathered and grumpy private eye struggling with a very tricky case, bizarre characters, and puzzles that will put his insight and patience to the test.
- Extreme Poker, DORASU – £3.89 (€4.29)
From standard to original, play several games based on poker rules. Using acquired chips, you can customize the front and back of your cards with your favourite design.
- Flip Over Frog, Mutan – £6.29 (€7)
4 x 4 square encampment battle. Flip over cards, get the largest number of your symbol cards face up, and then keep your area. Predict the symbol card of your opponent and then flip over. Simple yet profound… the ultimate example of a party game.
- FunBox Party, Drageus Games – £1.79 (€1.99)
FunBox Party is a perfect party package, because having fun together is the best kind of fun. Three arcade games that are perfect for making any party the best one ever. In each of these games, your speed, reflexes and – most importantly – good fun counts.
- Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes, Steel Crate Games – £12.14 (€13.49) until 23rd August 2018, normally £13.49 (€14.99)
In Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes, one player is trapped in a room with a ticking time bomb they must defuse. The other players are the “Experts” who must give the instructions to defuse the bomb by deciphering the information found in the Bomb Defusal Manual. But there’s a catch: the Experts can’t see the bomb, so everyone will need to talk it out – fast!
- Manual Samuel, Curve Digital – £9.99 (€9.99)
An adventure game with a twist. Death’s deal means Sam must survive a day controlling his entire body manually. Breathing, blinking and driving, all these tasks fall to you.
- Next Up Hero, Aspyr Media – £17.99 (€19.99)
Next Up Hero is a dungeon crawler featuring hand-drawn heroes that hack, slash, bongo-drum, boomerang, and jet their way through Ventures. Choose your Hero and start rolling dungeons, gearing out, and maxing your stats. Invite a friend for co-op – you’re going to need all the help you can get.
- Persian Nights: Sands of Wonders, Artifex Mundi – £12.14 (€13.49) until 26th August 2018, normally £13.49 (€14.99)
A young and talented apothecary Tara decides to find the cause of the plague in her country and prevent it from spreading further. A quest full of puzzles and challenges awaits, one that will lead her to the far reaches of kingdom and even beyond it. Tara will be assisted by a mysterious acrobat and swordsman Darius, as well as goofy but kind-hearted geenie Minu. Join the quest and lead Tara to victory.
- Polygod, Krafted Games – £13.49 (€14.99)
Polygod is a rogue-like, randomly generated, single & multiplayer FPS with a brutal difficulty curve. Blending a fast-paced, Quake-esque feel with randomness, difficulty and our handcrafted power-up system, Polygod is a hardcore gamer and speedrunner’s dream.
- Red’s Kingdom, Rising Star Games – £8.99 (€9.99)
Mad King Mac has always caused trouble for his subjects, but stealing Red’s winter stash of acorns, his prized golden nut AND kidnapping his father? That’s going too far! Help lead Red on a journey across the land in search of his missing nuts, overcoming obstacles and unlocking abilities in this charmingly epic isometric puzzle adventure.
- Robbotto, JMJ Interactive – £8.99 (€9.99)
A gigantic space cruiser was slowly gliding through cosmos, when suddenly the ship flew straight through a magnetic storm, causing all the robots and machines onboard to go crazy. Luckily, Robb and Otto, the ships top maintenance robots didn’t get affected by the storm. Now the two unlikely heroes must travel through the ship and disable all the malfunctioning machines.
- State of Mind, Daedalic Entertainment – £35.99 (€39.99)
This domestic drama evolves into a thriller about a worldwide conspiracy, which at its core aims to determine the fate of humanity: Could a perfect digital utopia be the answer? A virtual paradise not affected by material needs and quarrels? Could a super-AI be our savior – or would it simply declare us as dispensable since it could not be taught the value of philanthropy?
- Tiny Hands Adventure, Blue Sunset Games – £13.99 (€15.99)
Join a young t-rex Borti on his quest to find the best replacement for his tiny hands and arms. Explore several unknown worlds, find all the collectables and face bosses that have what you want.
- Treadnauts, Topstitch Games – £8.99 (€9.99)
Treadnauts gives competitive platform fighters a kiss of physics finesse. Gracefully pilot your tank through gorgeous arenas to land a deadly shot on your opponents. You’ve got a slew of useful tricks at your disposal, including treads that stick to any wall, boosters for midair hops, zero-friction slides, and rocket jumps for soaring into the sky. It’s all about moving with style.
- Vegas Party, Funbox Media – £TBC (€TBC)
The game takes the player into the gambling-friendly universe of this over-the-top version of Las Vegas city. Played as a race, the goal is to reach the end of the Strip before anyone else. Manage your token account in 10 gambling minigames, avoid the dangers like twisters and earthquakes, take advantage of your gaming skills and your good luck, trust no one and forget the meaning of the word “mercy” because it does not apply here.
Nintendo Switch Pre-Orders
- Freedom Planet, Marvelous Europe – £12.99 (€14.99)
Freedom Planet is a fast-paced combat-driven platform adventure that pits a spunky dragon girl and her friends against hostile foreign powers and alien attack forces. There’s trouble around every turn, from insects to giant robots to sheer explosive destruction, but players will have a variety of special fighting abilities at their disposal to blast through more than a dozen massive, nonlinear stages.
- Hacky Zack, Digerati – £8.09 (€8.99) until 2nd September 2018, normally £8.99 (€9.99)
You are Zack. Juggle balls, bounce off walls and avoid fatal falls as you try to make it through more than 100 levels of precision puzzle-platforming. Collect stickers along the way to unlock optional time-trial challenge levels as well as extra playable characters (who are also extra cute!).
- Kero Blaster, Active Gaming Media – £8.09 (€8.99( until 22nd August 2018, normally £8.99 (€9.99)
You play a bipedal frog employed by the mysterious start-up company ‘Cat & Frog Inc.’. Fend off enemies seeking to stop you and overcome the challenging landscape as you head towards your destination.
- My Farm, Plug In Digital – £8.99 (€9.99)
You start with just a hen, an empty field and a few pennies. You have to feed your hen, take care of it and improve its living conditions. The aim of the game is to earn money by selling eggs and other farm produce, in order to buy more animals at the Farmers’ Fair, and items that improve your farm from the Shopkeeper.
- Nekopara Vol.1, CFK – £9.89 (€10.99)
Nekopara, a famous PC adventure game, is out for Nintendo Switch. Minaduki Kashou leaves a family-run traditional Japanese sweets shop to open his own cake shop, “La Soleil,” with human look-alike Nekos, Chocola and Vanilla.
- Night Trap: 25th Anniversary Edition, Limited Run Games – £10.99 (€11.99)
Night Trap tells the story of five teenage girls spending the weekend at the Martin home. As a member of the Special Control Attack Team, your job is to monitor the home and protect the girls using an intricate system of cameras and traps as it is being invaded by vampires.
- Ninjin: Clash of Carrots, Modus Games – £11.99 (€14.99)
Ninjin: Clash of Carrots is an anime-inspired beat-‘em-up with a gaggle of varied enemies, deep customization…and ninjas! Play through side-scrolling worlds consisting of multiple stages and collect carrots stolen by the evil Shogun Moe!
- Old School Musical, Plug In Digital – £11.09 (€12.99)
Have you ever played a rhythm game before? Well, this is like that, but much better! With each note, you are responsible for the success of our two heroes’ quest. Swing your sword and shoot with your spacecraft to the beat of chiptune tracks from Dubmood, Zabutom, Hello World, Yponeko and Le Plancton.
- Space Ribbon, Onteca – £8.70 (€9.99) until 14th September 2018, normally £12.99 (€14.99)
The year is 2132 and the earth’s remaining resources have been mined to create Space Ribbon, a reality TV racing platform set in the far reaches of the galaxy. The aim of the game is to chase down a giant space beast and race to enter the creature’s mouth as it spews out a series of different psychedelic racetracks. Modify your junked up classic car and compete to become the intergalactic winner. The world is watching you…