Nintendo of America has drilled down this week’s Nintendo eShop update, which sees Metroid: Zero Mission strike Wii U Virtual Console.
Accompanying releases welcome Near Earth Objects, Space hulk, The Perplexing Orb and Wicked Monsters BLSAT! HD+, whereas Nintendo 3DS adds Lionel City Builder 3D: Rise of the Rails, Slice It! and a demo for The Keep.
Special Offers (Wii U)
- Cubemen 2: 50 percent off (reduced from $7.99 to $3.99) until 28th January 2016
- Family Tennis SP: 25 percent off (reduced from $4.99 to $3.74) until 4th February 2016
- Knytt Underground: 30 percent off (reduced from $12.99 to $9.09) until 21st January 2016
- Kung Fu FIGHT!: 25 percent off (reduced from $1.99 to $1.49) until 18th January 2016
- Neko Entertainment: Kung Fu Rabbit, Puddle and more games are on sale until 28th January 2016
- Sanuk Games: Spot the Differences: Party! and more are on sale until 21st January 2016
- Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed: On sale until 25th January 2016
Special Offers (3DS)
- ATLUS: Code of Princess and Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor 2: Record Breaker are on sale until 25th January 2016
- EnjoyUp Games: Toys vs Monsters, Fantasy Pirates and more are on sale until 11th February 2016
- Neko Entertainment: Kung Fu Rabbit and more games are on sale until 28th January 2016
- Sanuk Games: Talking Phrasebook – 7 Languages and more are on sale until 21st January 2016
Virtual Console (Wii U)
- Metroid: Zero Mission, Nintendo – $7.99
Space bounty hunter Samus Aran is sent on a lone mission to infiltrate the fortified planet of Zebes. In this Game Boy Advance classic, traverse through the mazelike base of operations for the Space Pirates, gaining access to powerful upgrades and items for your weapons and suit. Locate Mother Brain, and put a stop to the replication of Metroids!
Wii U Download Software
- Near Earth Objects, Form Up Studios – $2.99
NEOs, or ‘near earth objects’ are an emergent threat to all life on this planet. Blast off into space and destroy them all to preserve life as we know it back on Earth! Neo-retro arcade style shooting designed to challenge and enthrall. Shoot rocks, get POW. Survive.
- Space Hulk, HR Games – $29.99
The legendary Space Hulk comes to the Wii U in this epic turn based strategy game. Set in the Warhammer 40,000 universe, an intriguing story of legendary battles and heroic actions unfolds. Play as a small squad of fearless Space Marine Terminators who attempt to reclaim their honor by mounting an assault on a derelict space hulk infested by hordes of vicious tyranid Genestealers.
- The Perplexing Orb, TreeFall Studios – $3.99
The Perplexing Orb is an arcade platforming adventure game. Roll your way through many unique and challenging levels! Advance through each stage by reaching the end and knocking over the finish post! Collect artifacts to unlock challenge levels, balance through difficult areas, hit rockets to go flying, and smash bonus chests for unlockables! Compete with a friend in multiplayer mode! Roll into adventure with The Perplexing Orb!
- Wicked Monsters BLAST! HD+, Corecell Technology – $7.99
Wicked Monster Blast for is an exciting family fun shooting gallery game for all ages. Blast enemies and solve puzzles and choose your favourite character from a cast of crazy characters to take on 15 crazy mini games and 20 levels of challenge mode with up to 4 of your friends!
3DS Download Demo
- The Keep, CINEMAX – Free
Enter the Keep as an unsung hero on a quest to destroy the nefarious wizard Watrys. Explore the subterranean depths in this first-person dungeon crawler featuring real-time combat, a unique rune magic system, exploration, and puzzle solving.
3DS Download Software
- Lionel City Builder 3D: Rise of the Rails, Big John Games – $4.99
Create your own world and drive your custom-built train right through it in the Lionel City Builder 3D: Rise of the Rails game, released exclusively on the Nintendo 3DS system. The game’s innovative design includes a creative virtual sandbox, strategic missions and city simulation, all of which are perfect for train lovers and gamers alike with a dose of Lionel fun that is guaranteed to be off the tracks. Click here to view a trailer for the game.
- Slice It!, Aksys Games – $5.99
Brain-tickling geometric puzzles are the name of the game with Slice It! Use the stylus to draw straight lines through a shape to make smaller identical shapes within a limited number of tries. Easy to learn but hard to master, become one with your stylus to cut those extra tricky shapes down to size!