This week’s Nintendo eShop update will challenge your construction skills in Super Mario Maker, take you on a steampunk cybercrime caper in The Swindle and see you wander through starlit fields in Star Sky.
Nintendo 3DS welcomes vocaloid sensation Hatsune Miku: Project Mirai DX, whereas those not swayed by the rhythm action game have more choice in the roguelike Etrian Mystery Dungeon from NIS America.
Special Offers (Wii U)
- TNT Racers – Nitro Machines Edition, Keen Games – £4.49 (€4.99) until 1st October 2015, normally £6.99 (€7.99)
- Trine Enchanted Edition, Frozenbyte – £5.49 (€6.49) until 10th October 2015, normally £10.99 (€12.99)
- Trine 2: Director’s Cut, Frozenbyte – £6.99 (€8.49) until 10th October 2015, normally £13.99 (€16.99)
Special Offers (3DS)
- AeternoBlade, CORECELL – £7.19 (€7.99) until 8th October 2015, normally £13.50 (€14.99)
- AiRace Speed, QubicGames – £2.10 (€2.39) until 8th October 2015, normally £3.10 (€3.49)
- AiRace Xeno, QubicGames – £1.59 (€1.69) until 8th October 2015, normally £2.29 (€2.49)
- escapeVektor, Nnooo – £2.99 (€3.49) until 24th September 2015, normally £5.99 (€6.99)
Wii U Download Software
- Star Sky, JMJ Interactive – £3.60 (€4)
Star Sky is a game about a man taking a midnight stroll through a starlit field. Explore the night and all it has to offer. There are secrets to unlock, and for those who make it to the end, there are a lot of interesting things to reflect about. It is a peaceful experience and a game about enjoying the world around you. Make choices, watch what happens, unlock secrets. The game is meant to be a relaxing experience focusing on creating a soothing atmosphere rather than intense gameplay. It is similar to an interactive poem, that has several endings and allow you to explore different scenarios. It is important that you take your time and allow yourself to feel the game as you play it.
- Super Mario Maker, Nintendo – £34.99 (€39.99)
With a practically infinite number of courses, Super Mario Maker – only available on Wii U – is packed with endless Mario fun everyone can enjoy!
For fans who purchase Super Mario Maker on Nintendo eShop, a PDF of the Artbook will be available on Nintendo’s official Super Mario Maker website.
- The Swindle, Curve Digital – £9.99 (€12.49) until 24th September 2015, normally £11.99 (€14.99)
The Swindle is a steampunk cybercrime caper about breaking into buildings, hacking their systems, stealing all their cash, and quickly running away again before the police show up. London, 1849. Scotland Yard will soon activate its breakthrough surveillance technology: “The Devil’s Basilisk”. Its surveillance capabilities will be total and your career as a master thief will be over. Steal it before that can happen. From the safety of your rickety airship, you can modify your thief with new skills, tools, and all manner of technological horrors to tackle the richest and most secure buildings in London. All the buildings you’ll be robbing are randomly-generated, so you’ll never get the same level twice. Have you got what it takes to pull off The Swindle?
3DS Add-on Content
- Etrian Mystery Dungeon: Find a wanderer for me, NIS America – £1.59 (€1.79)
- Etrian Mystery Dungeon: Know the Red Pookas, NIS America – £1.59 (€1.79)
- Etrian Mystery Dungeon: Find a princess for me, NIS America – £1.59 (€1.79)
- Etrian Mystery Dungeon: Find a landsknecht for me, NIS America – £1.19 (€1.34)
- Etrian Mystery Dungeon: Slay the Gold Guardians, NIS America – £1.19 (€1.34)
[These are all free until 11th October 2015 at 23:59 local time]
3DS Download Demo
- Samurai Defender, CIRCLE Entertainment – Free
Samurai Defender is a simple defence-type action game set in the Warring States period of Japan. Defend your castle from approaching enemies! They will move towards the castle gate, so take aim and stop them from getting too close. Defend your castle more easily by levelling up your bowman and using coins to learn new schemes. Enjoy the exhilaration of repelling waves of enemy attacks!
3DS Download Software
- Etrian Mystery Dungeon, NIS America – £34.99 (€39.99)
Far off in the mountains, the small village Aslarga becomes a hub for adventurers looking for fame and fortune from the Mystery Dungeons. But dire challenges await even the most stalwart adventurers in Etrian Mystery Dungeon, a turn-based action RPG roguelike developed by ATLUS and Spike Chunsoft. The Nintendo 3DS exclusive mixes Etrian Odyssey’s vast RPG party and skill customization aspects, and Mystery Dungeon’s infinitely random dungeon adventures. The action/turn based combat means that battling monsters is not just about using the right skills, but becomes an elegant Pas de Quatre of strategic positioning. Players form their parties with familiar Etrian Odyssey classes, customise individuals using Etrian-style skill trees, and then take up to four members into the dungeons. Always randomised with various levels and paths, the dungeons require plenty of exploration, not to mention the incredible loot rewards – just be wary of what waits among the deepest depths.
- Hatsune Miku: Project Mirai DX, SEGA – £29.99 (€39.99)
Hatsune Miku: Project Mirai DX is a 3D rhythm action game starring the world’s most famous virtual singer, Hatsune Miku. Project Mirai DX features 48 full-length versions of fan-favourite songs, with multiple play styles and game modes that people of any age or skill level can enjoy. Join the Miku phenomenon by expressing yourself through fun creative tools, sharing your cute customisations, and experiencing some of the best music from the world’s favourite digital diva!