Nintendo eShop Releases: 25th April 2019 (Europe)
This week’s Nintendo eShop releases for Europe are in, delivering new add-on content and games for Nintendo Switch – as well as plenty of discounts across all platforms.
Nintendo Switch Add-On Content
- Block-a-Pix Deluxe: Extra Puzzles Pack 2, Lightwood Games – £2.99 (€2.99)
- Chocobo Mystery Dungeon Every Buddy! – Buddy Chocobo “Beastmaster,” Square Enix – £1.69 (€1.99)
- Chocobo Mystery Dungeon Every Buddy! – Buddy Chocobo “Black Mage,” Square Enix – £1.69 (€1.99)
- Chocobo Mystery Dungeon Every Buddy! – Buddy Chocobo “Dancer,” Square Enix – £1.69 (€1.99)
- Chocobo Mystery Dungeon Every Buddy! – Buddy Chocobo “Dark Knight,” Square Enix – £1.69 (€1.99)
- Chocobo Mystery Dungeon Every Buddy! – Buddy Chocobo “Dragoon,” Square Enix – £1.69 (€1.99)
- Chocobo Mystery Dungeon Every Buddy! – Buddy Chocobo “Freelancer,” Square Enix – £1.69 (€1.99)
- Chocobo Mystery Dungeon Every Buddy! – Buddy Chocobo “Knight,” Square Enix – £1.69 (€1.99)
- Chocobo Mystery Dungeon Every Buddy! – Buddy Chocobo “Machinist,” Square Enix – £1.69 (€1.99)
- Chocobo Mystery Dungeon Every Buddy! – Buddy Chocobo “Ninja,” Square Enix – £1.69 (€1.99)
- Chocobo Mystery Dungeon Every Buddy! – Buddy Chocobo “Red Mage,” Square Enix – £1.69 (€1.99)
- Chocobo Mystery Dungeon Every Buddy! – Buddy Chocobo “Scholar,” Square Enix – £1.69 (€1.99)
- Chocobo Mystery Dungeon Every Buddy! – Buddy Chocobo “Thief,” Square Enix – £1.69 (€1.99)
- Chocobo Mystery Dungeon Every Buddy! – Buddy Chocobo “White Mage,” Square Enix – £1.69 (€1.99)
- GensokyoDefenders – Gensokyo Defenders Plus, Unties – £5.89 (€6.49)
- LEGO DC Super-Villains Shazam! Movie Level Pack 1 & 2, Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment – £4.99 (€5.99)
- Mortal Kombat 11 Kombat Pack, Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment – £32.99 (€39.99)
- Mortal Kombat 11 K- Shao Kahn, Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment – £4.99 (€5.99)
- Mortal Kombat 11 K- Frost, Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment – £4.99 (€5.99)
- Mortal Kombat 11 K- 500 Time Krystals, Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment – £3.99 (€4.99)
- Mortal Kombat 11 K- 1150 Time Krystals, Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment – £7.99 (€9.99)
- Mortal Kombat 11 K- 2500 Time Krystals, Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment – £15.99 (€19.99)
- Mortal Kombat 11 K- 5600 Time Krystals, Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment – £44.90 (€39.99)
- Nelke and the Legendary Alchemists: Ateliers of the New World 37 Costume Pack, Koei Tecmo – £33.29 (€36.99)
- Paladins Legionnaire Pack, Hi-Rez Studios – £7.19 (€7.99)
- Touhou Sky Arena – Matsuri- Climax: Touhou Sky Arena Playable Character “Yukari Yakumo,” Mediascape – £2.29 (€2.62)
- WorldNeverland – Elnea Kingdom: Traditional Green Outfit, althi – £2.69 (€2.99)
Nintendo Switch Demos
- Aces of the Luftwaffe: Squadron, HandyGames – Free
Every end is a new beginning! When Europe seemed to be freed, a secret German commando called The Aces of the Luftwaffe took their chance to strike back and invade the USA! It’s your duty to restore peace and liberty by climbing aboard deadly wings of steel and fight against their fearsome war machines in bombastic air battles! Experience an epic storyline and survive the bullet hail above US coasts and cities! Command your wingmen, fight as a team, fight as a squadron!
- R-Type Dimensions EX, Tozai Games – Free
Fight through all 14 Bydo-infested stages in retro 2D graphics or shiny 3D graphics – and swap back and forth with the touch of a button ‘on-the-fly’. The new 3D graphics are accompanied by fully re-imagined arrangements of the timeless R-Type music tracks! The classic game-play remains untouched while the new Infinite game mode allows continuous progression from game start to final boss…
- Super Dragon Ball Heroes World Mission, Bandai Namco Entertainment – Free
Super Dragon Ball Heroes World Mission is a Tactical-Card game packed with exhilarating confrontation, deep card game strategy and a thrilling storyline taking place in the wide Dragon Ball Heroes universe!
- Voxel Shot for Nintendo Switch, SAT-BOX – Free
Voxel Shot is a simple pick up and play action game set in an adorably quirky world of toys where you and your friends beat up zombies (and each other!) using a variety of different weapons.
Nintendo Switch Games
- Aggelos, PQube – £11.99 (€13.99)
Step through time and discover a mesmerizing new action-RPG that looks like it was plucked straight out of the 16-bit era, but plays like a modern-day marvel! Inspired by non-linear Japanese retro adventures, Aggelos hurls players into the middle of a colossal struggle for survival as beings from another dimension threaten to invade the peaceful Kingdom of Lumen.
- Arcade Archives Psycho Soldier, Hamster Corporation – £6.29 (€6.99)
Psycho Soldier is an action game released by SNK in 1987. Play as the Two Soldiers of Light, Athena Asamiya and Sie Kensou, and use their psychic powers to defeat the otherworldly monster Sigma! Fill up the Psycho Gauge for a Psycho Ball attack! The super items inside of eggs can be used to perform amazing transformations!
- Beyond Enemy Lines: Covert Operations, Polygon Art – £12.59 (€13.99)
Think your way in, observe the enemies, sneak into their base and complete your objective. You have the total freedom to choose your path – guns blazing or silent assassin – it’s your choice!
- BOXBOY! + BOXGIRL!, Nintendo – £8.99 (€9.99)
The fan-favorite 2D puzzle-platformer series comes to Nintendo Switch, in BOXBOY! + BOXGIRL! Think outside the box – alone or with a friend in co-op – as you help Qbby and his pals solve tricky puzzles across 270 brainteasing stages!
- Cytus α, Flyhigh Works – £44.99 (€49.99)
You play by focusing on the rhythm of the music. “Notes” (circular icons) and lines represent the music, with varied movements and interactions. With the right timing you TAP, DRAG and HOLD notes to earn the best possible score, using either the touch screen or a controller. The Notes are dynamic and reflect the energy of the music; it’s a visually captivating experience.
- Death Coming, Zodiac Interactive – £6.29 (€6.99)
Death Coming is a non-linear puzzle game where you take on the role of the Reaper. Your sole objective? Cause deaths and harvest souls while abiding by the Free Will Clause.
- Defend your Castle, XGen Studios – £3.99 (€4.39)
Those crafty barbarian hordes have amassed their forces once again to challenge your domain. Will you and your court rise to the challenge, or stand aside as they raze your Castle to the ground?
- Deponia, Daedalic Entertainment – £35.99 (€39.99)
Daedalic Entertainment, once called “Lucasarts from Germany“ by the GameStar magazine, invites the players into a fantastic comedy adventure that revolves around a crazy love story of Rufus and Goal. Help Rufus, the poor boy from the junkyard, to win over the girl from heaven. Only with this rich girl from his dreams he might be able to escape Deponia and, unexpectedly, to save the planet.
- Dig Dog, Wild Rooster – £2.99 (€3.49)
Dig Dog is an action roguelike platformer. Dig to discover treasure, adventure and bones! Jump, dash, stomp and dig your way through a strange world inhabited by stranger creatures. Simple, expressive control scheme – Run, dig, drop, jump or dash using only the control stick and one button!
- Ding Dong XL, Nickervision Studios – £0.89 (€0.99)
Ding and Dong between the top and bottom of the screen as you attempt to avoid obstacles, collect points, and smash helpful power-ups. Try to survive as long as you can! Simple one button controls, just pressing the Ding Dong button allows you to cross the screen from top to bottom or vice-versa. Wait for the proper timing and don’t hit enemies.
- Dragon’s Dogma: Dark Arisen, Capcom – £24.99 (€29.99)
The action-RPG Dragon’s Dogma: Dark Arisen combines exhilarating and deep combat with the freedom to explore a huge open world. Enter the high-fantasy setting of Gransys, a land where fabled monsters such as dragons roam.
- Gym Hero, Ultimate Games – £1.35 (€1.51) until 9th May 2019, normally £1.69 (€1.89)
Being fit is healthy and fashionable! But our heroes do not have the motivation to get out for exercises … and the room is asking for some small improvements!
- Homo Machina, ARTE Experience – £3.19 (€3.49)
Homo Machina is a puzzle game inspired by the work of avant-garde scientist Fritz Kahn. Set off on a crazy journey to solve the surreal puzzles of Homo Machina and learn about the internal working of the human body, represented as a gigantic 1920s factory.
- Hotel Dracula, Ultimate Games – £3.81 (€4.24) until 9th May 2019, normally £4.49 (€4.99)
Hotel guests will not handle themselves and they don’t belong to patient. Myself, Count Dracula is asking you for help in running a hotel and restaurants to multiply profits and develop business further! There is really a lot of work because our gates are open during the day and night.
- Isoland, Orenda – £1.65 (€1.92)
Isoland draws players in with its original setting and visuals. It’s an adventure game with tons of puzzle elements. Players play an investigator who arrive at a mystical island floating somewhere in the Atlantic to uncover its secrets. There lies a mysterious factor and pyramid filled with puzzles.
- Isoland 2: Ashes of Time, Orenda – £2.75 (€3.22)
Like its sequel, Isoland 2 is an adventure game where the player who loses their memory searches to solve the secrets that lie on a small, mysterious island. “Who am I? Why am I on this island?” The player worries as he searches factories, steamships, huts, rockets, lighthouses, and more scattered about the island. By talking with the island dwellers who move like characters in a picture book, the unknown stories of the past will be unraveled…
- Joe Jump Impossible Quest, Forsaken Games – £2.69 (€2.99)
Joe Jump Impossible Quest is a runner game in which we are a lumberjack on his journey through the mountains. Throw axes to destroy obstacles on your way, jump over huge precipices, dodge dangers and keep running to arrive on time at a very important appointment!
- Lost King’s Lullaby, Avance – £8.99 (€9.99)
We will venture forth with Kiara in a Celtic adventure, exploring different maze-like procedurally generated worlds. We will face enemies in frenetic battles where we will have to make use of our reflexes and choose between different abilities to beat the menacing creatures. Lift the curse upon the kingdom of Bamba and find out why you are the only one not frozen in time.
- Moero Chronicle Hyper, Idea Factory – £18.89 (€20.99) until 3rd May 2019, normally £26.99 (€29.99)
Io is a simple young man with only one problem – he can’t talk to women! Any attempts at conversation are foiled by his own mind, except when he talks to Lilia, his best friend and a Monster Girl. However, that becomes the least of his problems when he’s tasked with going to the dangerous region of Monstopia. There, Monster Girls have begun rampaging, causing wanton pain and destruction. Have the Monster Girls simply gone mad, or is there an even greater evil afoot…? Find out in this moe-filled dungeon RPG!
- Mortal Kombat 11, Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment – £54.99 (€69.99)
Mortal Kombat 11 is the latest installment in the critically acclaimed franchise, providing a deeper and more personalized experience than ever before. The all-new Custom Character Variations give you unprecedented control of your fighters to make them your own.
- Mortal Kombat 11 Premium Edition, Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment – £77.99 (€99.99)
Mortal Kombat 11 is the latest installment in the critically acclaimed franchise, providing a deeper and more personalized experience than ever before. The all-new Custom Character Variations give you unprecedented control of your fighters to make them your own. The Mortal Kombat 11 Premium Edition includes the main game and Kombat Pack.
- Panty Party, Cosen – £13.09 (€14.59)
Dashing on the street, Warriors of Love along with panties, to save humans from the evil intention– and to save themselves from being transformed into panties! Fight in a funny comedy full of panties, love and passion, with fierce battles between panties!
- Picross S3, Jupiter – £8.99 (€9.99)
This is the 3rd Picross S Series on the Nintendo Switch! In addition to the three usual game modes, Picross, Mega Picross, and Clip Picross, we’ve added an all-new Color Picross mode! In this new mode, the rules are the same as normal Picross, but now you must complete color illustrations by filling in the correct squares with their corresponding hint number color.
- Robox, Sabec – £9.99 (€11.09)
Robox is an easy to play fast action, fierce fighting game with breathtaking graphics that will make you want to play match after match. With four rounds of hard-hitting arcade action that will test your boxing skills to the limit and be the ultimate boxing champion.
- Rogue Bit, Bigosaur – £3.99 (€4.99)
A single bit of computer memory became sentient and decided to escape from digital into the real world. Explore RAM, modify bytes and hack machine code and CPU registers to set it free. The game is about the way computers work internally. Having some programming knowledge makes the game easier, but it isn’t required. All the elements required to solve the puzzles are explained in the game.
- Rollin’ Eggz, Grimtalin – £2.69 (€2.99)
Collect the eggz from the chickens before they fall down! But careful, every now and then there is a nasty rotten egg to avoid. Or maybe a shiny golden egg to snag and restore a heart to keep playing. Try the oldie but goldie gameplay with a fresh and colorful look and a revamped game design! Flash eggz, bombs, ladybugs and even a shy snail are here to complete the experience!
- Shalnor Legends: Sacred Lands, Johnny Ostad – £8.99 (€9.99)
A young girl has traveled to the Sacred Lands. Within this realm she will face many challenges, fight dangerous monsters and solve mysterious puzzles. Many have come to this land before, all in hopes of finishing the Sacred Trial, but none has succeeded! Will she fail like the others? Or will she overcome the odds and return home!?
- SteamWorld Quest: Hand of Gilgamech, Thunderful – £22.49 (€24.99)
SteamWorld Quest is the roleplaying card game you’ve been waiting for! Lead a party of aspiring heroes through a beautifully hand-drawn world and intense battles using only your wits and a handful of cards. Take on whatever threat comes your way by crafting your own deck choosing from over 100 unique punch-cards!
- Super Blood Hockey, Digerati – £10.79 (€11.99) until 26th May 2019, normally £13.49 (€14.99)
Arcade sports gaming gets a shot of adrenaline in Super Blood Hockey, a violent homage to classic 8- and 16-bit ice hockey games. Customize your line-up and take to the ice, using fast-paced skills and bone-crunching brutality to dominate.
- Super Star Blast, EntwicklerX – £4.49 (€4.99)
Super Star Blast is a space-based game with challenging levels of increasing difficulty. All enemies must be shot down to finish a level and go to the next one. A scanner around the player tells roughly where the enemies are located. The player ship can fly forwards to attack and backwards to fight during the retreat against the opponents. After clearing a level you can purchase equipment to boost the ship, as well as extra shields and firepower or more ships.
- The Little Acre, Pewter Games Studios – £9.99 (€12.99)
The Little Acre follows the story of Aidan and his daughter, Lily, set in 1950’s Ireland. After discovering clues as to the whereabouts of his missing father, Aidan begins investigating until he inadvertently finds himself transported to a strange new world. Ever the hero, Lily sets off after him, encountering her own perils along the way. Featuring full voice-acting and hand-drawn animation, The Little Acre is a memorable, lovingly crafted adventure game.
- Theatre Tales, Ultimate Games – £0.96 (€1.04) until 6th May 2019, normally £1.29 (€1.39)
Our parents often read us bedtime stories or showed us pictures in books. We have recreated this magical world of fairy tales and fables in Theatre Tales. Theatre Tales gives the ability to play with fairy tale characters presented as puppets, just like the puppets we so enjoyed playing with as children.
- Type:Rider, ARTE Experience – £3.19 (€3.49)
Uncover the history and secrets of Fonts & Characters in a fascinating and unique experience! Play as 2 dots and travel through the ages of typographic styles and techniques. From the rock paintings of prehistoric times to Pixel art of the 2000’s, solve all the riddles by riding the most popular fonts and characters (Garamond, Helvetica, Times New Roman, Pixel, Comic Sans…) in a musical and visual environment.
- Vandals, ARTE Experience – £4.09 (€4.49)
Vandals is an infiltration game that will transport you to the most emblematic cities of street art. In this turn-based game, the aim is to sneak around police surveillance and spray walls that grow harder and harder to access.
- Zeroptian Invasion, Ratalaika Games – £4.99 (€4.99)
Taking inspiration from old score arcade shooters from the past and adding in some modern touches and stunning pixel art, Zeroptian Invasion is this decade’s answer to the arcade shooters of yesteryear.
Nintendo Switch Pre-Orders
- 39 Days to Mars, Its Anecdotal – £10.16 (€11.24) until 23rd May 2019, normally £11.29 (€12.49)
39 Days to Mars is a co-operative (and single-player) steampunk puzzle-adventure game. Step into the shoes of Sir Albert Wickes and The Right Honourable Clarence Baxter, two 19th century explorers who have chosen to pilot the HMS Fearful on its maiden voyage to Mars.
- Blazing Beaks, QubicGames – £13.49 (€14.99)
Use your one-of-a-kind bird skills to whack every nasty thing in your way, so it comes from where it came. Explore tons of randomly generated levels bursting with secrets to find and mysteries to unravel. Hear the sweet voice of powerful artifacts calling your name but beware of their dark force. Think twice before picking them up, as they will pray on your greed leading eventually to your annihilation.
- For The King, Curve Digital – £15.99 (€19.99) until 23rd May 2019, normally £19.99 (€24.99)
For The King is a strategic RPG that blends tabletop and roguelike elements in a challenging adventure that spans the realms. Set off on a single player experience or play cooperatively both online and locally. None before you have returned from their journey. Will you put an end to the Chaos?
- Frane: Dragons’ Odyssey, KEMCO – £10.52 (€11.69) until 10th May 2019, normally £11.69 (€12.99)
Kunah, a boy from the fire dragon tribe is one day summoned by the god that reigns over the world above, Vanneth, and is told to bring Escude, a lost girl from the angel clan back to Vanneth. With his childhood friend, Riel, the daughter of the ice dragon chief, he follows after the missing girl and sets out for the vast world below the clouds only to find mysterious and fun adventures.
- Saints Row: The Third – The Full Package, Koch Media – £31.49 (€35.99) until 9th May 2019, normally £34.99 (€39.99)
Saints Row: The Third – The Full Package gives you control of the Saints at the height of their power, and you live the life to show for it. Put the wildest chapter of the Saints Row saga in the palms of your hands for the first time on Switch.
- Shadows of Adam, CIRCLE Entertainment – £12.14 (€13.49) until 3rd May 2019, normally £13.49 (€14.99)
Tucked away from the outside world by the impenetrable haze of the Misty Woods, the village of Adam has mostly lived in peace since the days of the Wraith War. The dark power that fueled that war has vanished, but darkness is descending once more and Adam’s legendary hero, Orazio, is no more.
- Sniper Elite V2 Remastered, Rebellion – £26.99 (€31.49) until 14th May 2019, normally £29.99 (€34.99)
Experience the remaster of Sniper Elite V2. Trapped between two desperate armies in a race against time, stealth is key. Stalk your target, set up the shot, and use your skill, patience and cunning to achieve the mission.
- Super Cane Magic ZERO, Intragames – £20.24 (€22.49) until 8th May 2019, normally £22.49 (€24.99)
Cake the Wizard is dead, and his Magic Dog is out of control! Can you save the world? Can you save the Dog? Venture the dangerous hills of Minestronya as Dude, a Baker with the power of bacon! Confront angry firepeople as Dudette, the unstoppable Plumber! Defrost the laser volcano as Dudward, the Candy-Healer-Wizard, or just be awesome as Dudorah the Influencer! Super Cane Magic ZERO is a local co-op Action RPG for 1 to 4 players.
- The Swords of Ditto: Mormo’s Curse, Devolver Digital – £10.79 (€11.99) until 2nd May 2019, normally £13.49 (€14.99)
The Swords of Ditto: Mormo’s Curse is a compact action RPG that creates a unique adventure for each new hero of legend in the relentless fight against the evil Mormo. Explore a delightful but dangerous overworld, brave menacing dungeons, and improve your hero in a charming village, during your quest to overcome the evil that plagues the island. Unleash the mystical Sword of Ditto and grab a co-op friend for an unforgettable adventure filled with delightful characters, extraordinary loot, and heroic battles!