Nintendo details incoming Mario Kart 8 software update
Nintendo have confirmed that they will release a new software update for Mario Kart 8 on Wednesday 27th August, coinciding with the arrival of the free Mercedes-Benz add-on content.
This will allow players to display the course map on the TV screen, no longer relying on you to take your eyes off the road to look at the Wii U GamePad. Nintendo have detailed the full list of changes, which are confirmed to be as follows:
* Drivers will now have the option to display the course map on the TV screen during races.
* Users will be able to check out statistics such as their total number of coins accumulated, win-loss record from online play, and their most frequently selected character overall.
* Users will be able to change options of others’ Mario Kart TV downloaded highlight reels, such as changing the focus to a new character or event.
* The order of the menu after each race will be changed to “Next Race”, followed by “Watch Highlight Reel.”
* The game will remember the most recent customised kart settings that were selected, even if the Wii U system is powered down.
* Improvements to stability of connection in online play to enhance the user experience.
Mario Kart 8 is now available worldwide, exclusively for Wii U.