Nintendo announce Miiverse redesign
Nintendo have announced that “big changes” are coming to Miiverse this summer, more notably seeing the social network receive its most significant redesign since it launched in 2012.
This will provide users with a private Screenshot Album that won’t be visible to others, as well as a Play Journal that will let you keep a record of your own experiences in playing through a particular game. Nintendo clarify that the Play Journal will replace your Activity Feed after the redesign is launched.
Communities will be altered to integrate these additions, with posts now being categorised across Play Journal Entries, Drawings and Discussions. Restrictions on posting in quick succession will be less strict, although Nintendo will only allow you to make up to 30 posts or comments per day.
Your Screenshot Album
Saving your screenshots in this album will be so easy, you’ll build up a collection of memories from the games you love in no time!
– You can save up to 100 screenshots in this album.
– This album is your own private space. It won’t be visible to other users.
Your Play Journal
Keep a record of your own unique gaming experiences by writing journal entries about games as you play them! Creating a Play Journal entry will be as simple as opening Miiverse during gameplay.
– Each Play Journal entry will include a screenshot that shows what was happening in the game when it was written. Only software titles that don’t support the taking of screenshots will be exempt from this rule.
A New Look for Communities
In the main community for each game, posts will be categorized to make browsing them easier and more fun.
Play Journal Entries
Here you’ll find everyone’s Play Journal entries for the game. Try to find people who are at the same part of the game as you are or who are playing the game in interesting ways!
In this section, you’ll be able to see all the artwork other users have created about the game, in order of popularity. This should make it even easier to find great artists to follow.
– You won’t be able to post handwritten posts to the Play Journal Entries or Discussions sections.
If you want to ask questions or start conversations about the game, this’ll be the perfect place for you to be. Remember, tags on posts make it easy to find other people who want to talk about the same stuff you do.
– As the Play Journal feature is a replacement for posting to your activity feed, you won’t be able to post to your activity feed after the redesign.
– After the redesign, the limitations on posting quickly in succession will become less strict. You’ll be able to post a combined total of 30 posts or comments per day. (In-game posts will not be included in this total.)