Having tried to access the Nintendo eShop this morning, I’ve received a prompt to download the latest Nintendo 3DS system update which has seemingly gone live overnight.
This is a mandatory update for those wishing to continue using online services such as the Nintendo eShop in any case, and addresses the screen freezing issues in Ridge Racer 3D caused by last week’s update.
Details are as follows:
Nintendo 3DS Menu 2.1.0-3U
If you currently have update version 2.0.0-2U, this update provides:
* Further improvements to overall system stability and other minor adjustments to enhance user experience,
* A correction for the screen freeze symptom experienced in the Ridge Racer 3D game,
* You can receive automatic updates when a wireless internet connection is available. When the download is complete, you will receive a dialog on the HOME Menu detailing the steps to install the update.
If you have not completed the update released on June 6, version 2.0.0-2U, this update will add the following new features:
* Nintendo eShop,
* Internet Browser,
* Transfer functionality to move DSiWare™ from Nintendo DSi™/Nintendo DSi XL™ systems to the Nintendo 3DS™ system,
* Automatic system updates,
* Improved stability and performance of the overall system.