This comes with all previously released downloadable content, as well as costumes that are exclusive to the Nintendo Switch version.
PlatinumGames has previously spoken about wanting to port its award-winning post-apocalyptic action RPG to the portable home console, which tells the story of androids 2B, 9S and A2 and “their battle to reclaim the machine-driven dystopia overrun by powerful machines.”
After humanity was driven from the Earth by mechanical beings from another world, in a final effort to retake the planet the human resistance sends a force of android soldiers to destroy their invaders. With a war between machines and androids raging on, it could soon reveal a long-forgotten truth about the world.
The publisher has outlined the game’s key features as below:
- Action-Packed Battles – Players will switch between using melee and ranged attacks in battle against hordes of enemies and challenging bosses across a variety of open field maps. The tight controls and incredibly fluid combat are simple to learn for newcomers while offering plenty of depth for more experienced action gamers. Players can perform high-speed battle actions—combining light and heavy attacks—and switch through an arsenal of weaponry while evading enemies with speed and style.
- Beautifully Desolate Open-World – The game seamlessly joins together hauntingly beautiful vistas and locations with no area loading. The environments are rendered in 60fps and contain a wealth of sub-events in addition to the main storyline.
- Masterfully Crafted Story and Characters – NieR: Automata tells the story of androids 2B, 9S and A2 and their ferocious battle to reclaim a machine-driven dystopia overrun by powerful weapons known as machine lifeforms.
- Elements of an RPG – Players will obtain a variety of weapon types, level up in battle, learn new combat skills, and customise a loadout that caters to their playstyle.
- Utilise the Pod Support System to Assist In and Outside of Battle – Pods can attack the enemy in both manual and lock-on modes. They can also assist outside of battle, such as allowing the player to glide through the air. Pods can be enhanced throughout the game, with upgrades including new attack methods and variations.
- “Auto Mode” Available for Beginners – Novice players can elect “Auto Mode” for easy attacks and evasions.
NieR: Automata The End of YoRHa Edition will release at retail and digitally on the Nintendo eShop for Nintendo Switch worldwide on 6th October 2022.