This spin-off to Red Wings: Aces of the Sky will place you in the pilot’s seat in “a nostalgic, action-packed arcade shooter illustrated in a vibrant comic-book style with a gaming mode for every occasion.”
With a solo campaign mode with 30 missions, local co-op for up to two pilots and PvP, the game comes to the portable home console with online multiplayer modes for up to 10 players. After choosing a map and game mode, you will be able to gather your squadron and play in a team of up to five players as you aim to pluck other pilots out of the sky.
The publisher has outlined the game’s key features as below:
- Fly online: Test your skills against a max of 9 other players in Last Man Standing, Score Battle, or Time Battle modes or gather your squad of up to 5 pilots and battle other squads in Elimination, Time Team Battle, or Score Team Battle modes
- Fly locally: Play custom games in 3 different modes (Score Battle, Time Battle, and Hide n’ Seek (2 players only)) solo against AI or against another player
- Complete 30 missions in campaign mode: relive the aerial dogfights of WWI and encounter all manner of unexpected challenges (available in local co-op for 1-2 players)
- Upgrade your pilot progression skill tree: develop your pilot skills and rearrange points depending on the mission at hand
- Pilot 15 different warplanes, each with unique skins: stand out in the heat of battle with a plane your enemies won’t soon forget
- Rise to the challenge: be prepared for thunderstorms that blast skill cooldowns, sandstorms that reduce visibility, missions where you’ll only be able to take out enemies with barrel rolls, and more!
Red Wings: American Aces will release digitally on the Nintendo eShop for Nintendo Switch worldwide, with a release date unconfirmed at this time.